Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz
Tech Head

Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold Empty
PostSubject: Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold   Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:51 am

Since I know some of the players might read this section and it was designed for this. I just wanted to post a past post I had last year in dedication to TC one of my most loved players to play at Tech. I wrote this before the GA game. Below is my post and here is the link of the post as other posters also showed there great passion of love and respect to Deuce.

http://www.bbuzzoff.com/forum3/4356-1.html

Thanks for all you did with your character and body!

Heart of Gold

Few players reach this status with me. Somebody who I will never forget. Why? Is it the time he strapped us on his back in the Miami game last year for the great come back victory over the Hurricanes. Or was it how he lead us to the go ahead drive against Georgia that lead to our only touchdown? He wanted that touchdown so bad. It was to bad Georgia came back to score again and left to little time on the clock for him to go on a running drive (we were left with throwing), or I know he would have done it. Over 150 yards against Geogia last year, can't wait to see what he does this year. Maybe it is the increadible heart he has had this year playing hurt all year long, playing the same game with a hamstring injury? Nope!

All these game changing memories are great but this will not be the biggest impression he made in my life. My strong feelings for Choice were clinched forever by the quote he made. Was it the quote during the Samford game when Gailey apologized for taking him out and hurting his heisman numbers, and he responded by telling Gailey I'm here to win a championship coach? Nope! It was the all time classic quote and if this quote doesn't get you excited you have no pulse IMO.

Watch out Georgia if one man can win a game Choice will do it folks! Don't underestimate the heat of Gold! One old songs lyrics state "I keep searching for the heart of Gold and I'm getting old"(Neil Young) Well you can stop the search here is the heart of Gold below.Tashard Choice, asked about the Georgia game just minutes after Saturday's 27-25 victory over North Carolina.
"Nothing else matters," Choice said. "School don't matter. Family don't matter. The only thing that matters is UGA. Nothing else matters. I don't even want to go to class right now. All I want to do is watch film and get ready for the Bulldogs."

To Hell with Geogia
Tech Head

P.S. Don't let your hate for one man destoy the love for another man!

Tashard Choice

Last edited on Tue Nov 20th, 2007 10:01 pm by Tech Head

Last edited by Tech Head on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz
Tech Head

Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold Empty
PostSubject: Love the Deuce   Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 3:03 am

Just wanted to put in another post in the same thread that gave TC the justice that he deserves as a all time great. This post was made by Bgrant another BBO poster. Who said BBO is a board of negative posters? Please! You wont find these kind of post on the hive. We love you Deuce!

Allow me please to build on the great job that T H has done. I believe Neil Young would have simply broken down and cried if he had met Tashard. Finally I have found my "Heart of Gold" after all that searching. The following is what I believe a "Heart of Gold" is like.

He runs around hugging and telling people he loves them. He breaks down at high school tributes because he is overwhelmed with the love and support he is getting. He is a little league umpire. He puts a team on his back like he did so many times last year and this year and carries the team to heights they could have never gotten to by themselves. We are nothing this year without him. I loved the "give me everything or give me nothing" speech before the Clemson game. I don't know how many people saw the team when they lined up at the start of the game but everyone was nodding like they knew something no one else did.

He plays with a hamstring injury so painful that he can't run full speed. He is back in thirteen days from a knee injury that most people would probably bail out on for the rest of the season and the concern of their career. Regardless that the doctors and coaches were saying that he would not play in the Virginia Tech game he was going around saying that it was a game time decision and that he felt better now than he did at the first of the year. I loved the quote by someone who said I don't want to be around when they tell him he can't play. He ran for over 300 yards in both the next two games after knee surgery and still with a hamstring injury carrying the ball over sixty times.

He gives himself no credit. He does not care about the awards. He just wants to be part of something special. He wants to be part of a family that is pulling together with one goal in love and support for that family. He loves the game. He loves the challenge. He commits himself to the team's goals not his own personal ones. He does not play for the glory or the money. He cares about passion. He cares about giving more than you think you can. He wants to share all of that with his teamates, the fans, the Tech Family.

He has taught me so much this year. I have seem maybe glimpses of this but not the total package. He is the real deal-someone you just thought was made up. The world has become so jaded, cynical, vitriolic and me-me-me. He has helped me come back to the purity of the game, the fun of pulling for something with people that you love and care about, true passion, real effort, real teamwork, real committment.

Wouldn't it be fun if we made Saturday like a tribute day to Tashard and forgot all the agendas we all have and simply bonded together to pull for one thing beating Georgia- forgetting everything else. I know I am pulling with all my heart for Tashard to beat Georgia one time. I would love a story book ending with Tashard scoring the winning touchdown. I will be nodding my head off before the game because I know something no one else does that Tashard has a "Heart of Gold".
Back to top Go down

Tribute to Choice, The Heart of Gold
Page 1 of 1