Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question to current or former O-Line...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GPBurdell
JacketFan
JacketFan

Question to current or former O-Line... Empty
PostSubject: Question to current or former O-Line...   Question to current or former O-Line... EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:02 am

I noticed at the scrimmage yesterday, that the interior o-line takes pretty wide splits. My question is how hard will it be to adjust to the blocking schemes? Does this cause changes in how the D-line lines up or do they keep their normal alignments?

Also, please fill us in on Mike Sewak as a coach and teacher of the new scheme. My feeling is that Coach Sewak was a great addition to the program.

And finally, can you give an evaluation of how the O-line performed. I saw some good things and some occasions where the D-line shot gaps and made stops in the backfield.

GO JACKETS!!!
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Question to current or former O-Line...   Question to current or former O-Line... EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:14 pm

GPBurdell wrote:
I noticed at the scrimmage yesterday, that the interior o-line takes pretty wide splits. My question is how hard will it be to adjust to the blocking schemes? Does this cause changes in how the D-line lines up or do they keep their normal alignments?

Also, please fill us in on Mike Sewak as a coach and teacher of the new scheme. My feeling is that Coach Sewak was a great addition to the program.

And finally, can you give an evaluation of how the O-line performed. I saw some good things and some occasions where the D-line shot gaps and made stops in the backfield.

GO JACKETS!!!

The wide gaps will not make a difference in lining in most situations. The majority of the techniques we line-up in our on the o-linemen. For example, a 5 technique lines up on the outside shoulder of the tackle, a 2i technique lines up on the inside shoulder of the guard(I think you get the idea). But, a gap 5 technique lines up in C gap, therefore and that could make a little difference.

After the snap is a totally different story, either the defensive linemen is attaching the linemen over him or he is shooting threw a gap depends on the call, For example the 5 technique that is lined up on the outside shoulder of the tackle could be playing regular technique and attacks the outside shoulder of the tackle which he is lined up on. It is important to attack his ourside shoulder so he does not get a free release to the linebacker(this is why a linebacker can make so many tackles, because of his great d-line which people overlook most the time) while making sure you do not lose you gap of responsibility. In other word don't allow the tackle to reach block and if the tackle blocks down the end will close down on the tackle still attacking his outside shoulder and shoving him down inside.

If the D-linemen is shooting a gap it is easier to do when you are going against wide gaps. Also, this is a new offense and a new blocking scheme, it will take a little while before the O-linemen starting making the harder blocks (when the D-line is shooting the gaps).

As for the offense I will let Matt Rhodes get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
GPBurdell
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Question to current or former O-Line...   Question to current or former O-Line... EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Thanks Machine. Sounds like it will also be very important offensively, for the QB to vary the snap count to keep ultra quick D-linemen from jumping the snap as I noticed happening yesterday a few times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question to current or former O-Line...   Question to current or former O-Line... Empty

Back to top Go down

Question to current or former O-Line...
Page 1 of 1