Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best beer?...Guiness of course!!

Go down 
+3
RedD4sunday
TheMachine
IrishE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

Best beer?...Guiness of course!! Empty
PostSubject: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:49 pm

There is no argument in my opinion that Guiness is the best beer ever created... I mean c'mon...it's been around since 1759!!! ... hmmmm sweet sweet Guiness... I will have more than enough of my fill tonight! Have a happy and safe St. Patty's day everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:55 pm

when are you starting your celebration?
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Like any good Irishman   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:20 pm

I should've started on Friday... but due to work obligations and other crap going on I am not starting until later on tonight... damnit!... I will be at the Harp Irish Pub on Peachtree Pkwy for those who wish to join!!!
Back to top Go down
RedD4sunday
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Happy tuesday the 18th, How ya feeling irish E? clown
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: doin' pretty good....... :)   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Yes, I have survived yet another magnificent ST. Patty's day. I gorged myself on corned beef and cabbage, and of course drank many a pint of Guiness until the wee hours of the morn....

I honestly lost count after 12 of them.....

Now to start to prepare for next year!!!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 4:21 pm

I know this is an old post, Irish, but you'll appreciate this.

I was in Bunratty, IR on business about 3 years ago. I was reading The Irish Times, and on the Op-Ed page, there was a long editorial from the paper blasting the Guiness Company.

Evidently the paper was outraged b/c Guiness had invested heavily in pushing Guiness Cold into the pubs across the country. The paper called it a clear violation of the public trust, and nothing more than profiteering by Guiness, at the expense of the traditional and superior Guiness draft.

These people are serious about their Guiness. It would be like the Washington Post printing an editorial slamming Coke for changing the secret formula.
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 3:30 pm

I have been making my own beer for about 6 months now, my specialty is the Irish Stout, I have made 13 batches so far varying between 6-11% alcohol. They taste just like guiness to me, except for the Nitrogen they put in Guiness.

However my favorite is Boddingtons in a can.
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 3:44 pm

bdobbins79 wrote:
I have been making my own beer for about 6 months now, my specialty is the Irish Stout, I have made 13 batches so far varying between 6-11% alcohol. They taste just like guiness to me, except for the Nitrogen they put in Guiness.

However my favorite is Boddingtons in a can.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute!!!!! You make your OWN beer AND it tastes like Guiness!?!?! Are you by chance in the market for a new best friend?? jocolor
Back to top Go down
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 pm

IrishE wrote:
There is no argument in my opinion that Guiness is the best beer ever created... I mean c'mon...it's been around since 1759!!!

Irish, I'm not bashing your beer choice, because it's a beautiful thing the love a man has for his favorite beer and I wouldn't want to tear that down.... But, is Guiness not an acquired taste? Was it really love at first taste? I've had the (I believe it was called )"dreadnaughts" twice and didn't care much for the unique taste either time. Maybe I need to get another version, maybe I need to get it on tap, maybe like I said it's an acquired taste, but either way it was not for me. Granted it was better than all the bud lights and highlife's and crap my "friends" have tried to force down my throat.

Speaking of beer, it's a friday night, and I have 4 Warsteiners and 3 Killians that need some attention before the semester ends.
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:16 pm

This one is so easy.. The one I have in my hand right now.. As long as its cold and open that is my favorite. Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is high up there. Irish I believe this beer comes from the oldest brewery in England.
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:45 am

My absolute favorite mass produced beer is Yuengling, but for some unknown reason you can't but it in Georgia.

Irish I will make up a batch for Gameday, and like always I will be in the Wachovia Parking lot under the big tree.....its fun to make your own beer and even better to enjoy it with people who like the taste as well. Its amazing what you can do with 2 five gallon paint buckets, which is pretty much the extent of the kit.
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:47 am

and then after a few I'm with Geebee, anything cold and in my hand.

If any of you guys ever get the time, go take a tour of the Sweetwater brewery, they give you 6 beers and have a band playing and you tour the brewery, its pretty damn fun, go when they make Festive Ale that shit is stout.
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:48 am

bdobbins79 wrote:
and then after a few I'm with Geebee, anything cold and in my hand.

If any of you guys ever get the time, go take a tour of the Sweetwater brewery, they give you 6 beers and have a band playing and you tour the brewery, its pretty damn fun, go when they make Festive Ale that shit is stout.

bdobbins does Sweetwater make a beer called Sweetwater Blue? I had something in Orange Beach at "The Wharf" that was being sold alongside 420.. It was listed and Blue. Man that was some good beer. Pleas tell its not Bluemoon... that will hurt my feelings.
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Yes, Sweetwater Blue is a type of Sweetwater beer. It has a blueberry flavor, kind of like a muffin, it is all my future wife will drink. Thank god she is a beer drinker, it makes things easier on me.

I had a beer the other day, and I have never been a fan of any beer that you add fruit too, but I was at Rocky Mountain the other day and had a Leinenkugels with a orange slice...it was probably the best thing I have ever drank, it was that good, so i had like 6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best beer?...Guiness of course!!   Best beer?...Guiness of course!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Best beer?...Guiness of course!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Open Forum :: Ramblin' On-
Jump to: