Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

James Johnson

Go down 
+2
TheMachine
CarolinaJacket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CarolinaJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: James Johnson   James Johnson EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:04 pm

So James Johnson is leaving. This was our top returning receiver. That looks bad. What is the true story? He must have seen something that he did not like in Spring Practice. As optimistic as I am generally about all the changes, it is disturbing that we keep losing so many of our top rated players. Again, what, exactly is going on?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Johnson   James Johnson EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:17 pm

I have the inside story to this but regrettable I can not say anything. It is true that there are a few problems but I must keep those details disclosed for the time being. I will give you the details when It is allowed, have to keep the coach and player's best interest in mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: All The Losses Were Predictable   James Johnson EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 am

We knew there would be some losses due to the change; it was almost inevitable.

The Coach is building the team under his own standards, and it should have been recognized that a few players might not adapt or want to play in the new system.

It is also predictable that most of the losses would have been on offense as it is big change in philosophy from our past offense. The defense will, basically, be the same hardnosed type of defense so the losses were expected to be minimal.

Those who remain in the program have the mental and physical ability to adapt to the new system. Those who leave are not failures or quitters; the systems just does not favor their type of mindset or type of play. If James Johnson does not feel comfortable in his new role or the system, then he is probably doing the right thing to concentrate on his education.

It is sometimes the wise person who knows when they have reached a dead end in one phase of their life and moves on to another phase. We can only thank him for his past efforts and hope for the best in his future.

As someone else has stated, it gives another person a little more hope of moving up in the new system.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Johnson   James Johnson EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 1:26 am

I'm disappointed that JJ left. I thought he'd be one of the team leaders who wanted to win, and who adapted to the idea that sometimes you have to try something new to be successful.

Hopefully, it's not about this idea that we won't throw the ball. We WILL throw the ball. Certainly not as often, but with a much greater success rate, in my opinion.

If I recall from last year, Navy had almost as many, if not AS many TD passes as Tech.
Back to top Go down
Mifune
WannaBee
WannaBee

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Johnson   James Johnson EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:54 pm

Hope he finishes his degree. Good luck to him.

Changes in the offense like this are especially hard on the upper classmen. They had a better knowledge of the old offense. That gave them a leg up on the new guys. With a whole new system, part of the built in advantage of being a senior is wiped out. I would hate being a senior and getting yelled at for making freshmen type mistakes for the second time. Not that that is what happened to JJ. I am talking in general.
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: AJC Article   James Johnson EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Very good article with James' own words about it:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/04/03/techfoot_0404.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

James Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Johnson   James Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

James Johnson
Page 1 of 1