Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GrantParkJacket
WannaBee
WannaBee
GrantParkJacket

RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT Empty
PostSubject: RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT   RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:05 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/04/03/michigan.spring/index.html
Michigan's coaching regime change seems to mirror ours in many ways. Thank God DRad didn't drag us through the three ring circus that transpired in Ann Arbor. I knew Michigan had lost Mallett, Manningham, and Arrington, but had not realized all of the other guys that had jumped ship since RRod's hiring. Sounds like they have had their share of defections due to the "new offense" and alot of people uncomfortable because there is more discipline. The conjectures about underperformance due to a coach who babied the players sounds famliar too. I like the sign about those staying becoming champions.

Go Jackets! THWG!
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT   RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 12:51 am

I read that.... good article. But where I think PJ is a disciplinarian, and teacher, I think RRod is harsh. Still, it's results that count, and you can't dispute the WV results. He took that team from obscurity to national prominence, beating us on his way.

But you wanna know what I like about PJ? He says stuff like this:

When asked about the new offensive line approach to blocking, where the O-Lineman are learning to go forward in a push, PJ says "We don't go sideways". cheers Priceless PJ stuff.
Back to top Go down

RRod at UM similar to PJ at GT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Georgia Tech Football :: Georgia Tech Football-
Jump to: