Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

T-Day Broadcasts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

T-Day Broadcasts? Empty
PostSubject: T-Day Broadcasts?   T-Day Broadcasts? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:21 pm

With all the enthusiasm for the beginning of the PJ era, I'd hoped that there would be at least some kind of web-cast of the Spring Game for those of us who are geographically challenged.

I've checked ACC Select, and no dice. Anybody know if 790, or even WREK will be simulcasting from the game?

I realize we're not Ohio State, and can't expect ESPN coverage, but some web-radio would be good.

Irish can do the game on MeetTheMachine's blog-radio!

PN
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

T-Day Broadcasts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Day Broadcasts?   T-Day Broadcasts? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:08 pm

its a thought.

The issue I have with it, is from where I will be it will be tough to do....
Back to top Go down
LastCall
WannaBee
WannaBee
LastCall

T-Day Broadcasts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Day Broadcasts?   T-Day Broadcasts? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:25 pm

It would be good PR, and should be easy to pull off, if Wes his WREK on for some real time play callin' (unless I have missed something at RamblinWreck.com).

FWD-GN

THWG
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

T-Day Broadcasts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Day Broadcasts?   T-Day Broadcasts? EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 4:09 pm

Well, I'd heard somewhere that Wes was going to do some voice-over with video for airing sometime during the summer. Maybe on the Jackets Sports Show.

But that ain't gonna do me much good when I'm going nuts Saturday wondering how the game is going. bounce
Back to top Go down
GTfakemajor
WannaBee
WannaBee
GTfakemajor

T-Day Broadcasts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Day Broadcasts?   T-Day Broadcasts? EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:37 pm

I was fortunate enough to make it to the first half of the T Day game, and let me say it was a good crowd; probably about the same number as came to see the shelling of Samford last year (OK, a little less than that, but the official AA blog still says the most to a Spring Game ever).

Some impressions: the offense remains in a "learning" mode; several fumbles and an INT in the half I saw not to mention a LOT of punts. CPJ was on field observing both the blue and the white offenses, and there appears to be more work to do. That said, when the offense worked, it WORKED: Dwyer ripped off a long run for a TD and Kevin Cone continues to impress at WR. It was evident that the O-line situation still needs to be addressed as neither Nesbitt nor the Booker/Dykes combo got the protection they needed to setup the outside runs.

And why didn't they get that protection? Because the D looked fantastic. Those guys played great pass coverage and really shut down the up-the-middle runs. MJ continues to impress, getting in Nesbitt's face several times and definitely making his presence felt. NoYards Moreno and the UGAJC better watch out before proclaiming the Heisman a home in Athens.

The fumbles continue to concern, but I'm still hopeful that come August those types of kinks and miscues will be worked out. I think it's fair to say there is a LOT more excitement around this Georgia Tech team than we've had in a long time. Some of our fans, as usual, continue to grumble in the stands (today it was all about wanting to see more pass plays; probably the same people demanding more Tashard Choice runs last year) but overall, I think it's a positive mood.

I might be, as my friends suggested, overly optimistic, but what I saw today was exactly what I hoped we'd get: a lock-down defense and an offense still learning the ropes but playing with passion and dedication. I think 2008 is going to be a ton of fun.

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

T-Day Broadcasts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Day Broadcasts?   T-Day Broadcasts? Empty

Back to top Go down

T-Day Broadcasts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Georgia Tech Football :: Georgia Tech Football-
Jump to: