Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ACC vs SEC draft comparisons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

ACC vs SEC draft comparisons Empty
PostSubject: ACC vs SEC draft comparisons   ACC vs SEC draft comparisons EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Like I've said before, I hold up the banner for GT at accvssec.com and did a draft analysis to see who did better between the two conferences. Like any good Techie I added in an equation to do a little analysis at the end. Just thought I'd post it here incase anyone was interested.

Final standing at...

Round: ACC - SEC
1st Round: 7 - 6
2nd Round: 4 - 2
3rd Round: 4 - 8
4th Round: 4 - 4
5th Round: 4 - 3
6th Round: 7 - 2
7th Round: 2 - 10

Total: 32 - 35

SEC makes a 7th round surge to win overall by 3 players drafted.

Due to criticism of "quality over quantity" by a gator fan, I'm going to throw in an equation to emphasize this. 1st rounders will be worth 7 points, 2nd worth 6, 3rd worth 5, 4th worth 4, 5rd worth 3, 6th worth 2, and 7th worth 1 point for draftees.

"Quality Over Quantity" analysis
1st Round: 49 - 42
2nd Round: 24 - 12
3rd Round: 20 - 40
4th Round: 16 - 16
5th Round: 12 - 9
6th Round: 14 - 4
7th Round: 2 - 10

Totals: 137 - 133

Since the quality of players per round is something to be argued, and most people don't give too much worth to players drafted beyond round 5, I will do another analysis giving round 1 5 points, then decresing so that rounds 5, 6, and 7 will all be worth only 1 point.

"Quality Over Quantity" analysis
ACC = 35 + 16 + 12 + 8 + 4 + 7 + 2 = 84 quality points
SEC = 30 + 8 + 24 + 8 + 3 + 2 + 10 = 85 quality points

So there you go, 3 different ways to look at the draft. Either way, my final call based on the numbers is that the ACC and the SEC were pretty much even for this draft.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

ACC vs SEC draft comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACC vs SEC draft comparisons   ACC vs SEC draft comparisons EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:19 pm

I lived in gainesville for about a year and I am loving every bit of these stats, gainesville has one good thing, GIRLS, everywhere! the town sucks and Gator fans are so freaking annoying, I hate UF! I love ACC football! Thank god we get some kind of recognition!
Back to top Go down

ACC vs SEC draft comparisons
Page 1 of 1