Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BeeBad
Buzz
Buzz
BeeBad

Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! Empty
PostSubject: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 1:00 am

One of the all-time Georgia Tech football greats and an amazing man will be on Meet The Machine radio show Wednesday night at 9 PM.

Just got off the phone with Greg Gathers! We spoke for over an hour, what an amazing human being ! The challenges he's gone through in his life are incredible and what is more incredible is the determination and the will that he has displayed ! (Can't help but use a lot of exclamation points after speaking with Greg 'cause his life story is like a Hollywood movie).

If you will recall Greg had a rare kidney disease which not only ended his college playing career and certain NFL stardom but he almost died ! But as if that isn't enough tragedy for one lifetime Greg lives 25 miles from New Orleans and was there during Hurricane Katrina!

When Greg comes on the show Wednesday we have a lot to talk about including the effects his illness has had on his life, his passion for teaching and working with children, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, his thoughts on what it was like to play for George O'Leary, the interplay between O'Leary and Fridge, why Jon Tenuta's defense was was so successful and many other interesting and compelling topics.

While speaking with Greg tonight I said to him that he may not even realize how much Tech fans love and respect him for the way he has handled his challenges with such strength and grace. Lets all be there en masse on Wednesday, fill up the chatroom, and show Greg how much we appreciate him for his life and all he has done for Georgia Tech and what he means to us.

Don't forget that Meet The Machine will be on Monday night at 9 PM. We will discuss my 1 hour and 10 minute phone conversation with Greg, Adamm's NFL situation and topics related to our football team. Should be a great show!

Last edited by BeeBad on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 am

That is gonna be a great show cheers , nice job on the guest.
Back to top Go down
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
DressedCheeseSide

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 am

nowthatswhatI'mtalkinabout! Go get'em BB. Way to go.
Back to top Go down
BeeBad
Buzz
Buzz
BeeBad

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Just for you, cheese. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
DressedCheeseSide

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:50 pm

BeeBad wrote:

When's Chan gonna be on the show? cheers
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Sounds like a great show BeeB.

I loved watching Gathers play. He was everywhere. Its hard sometimes for me to get online with the show live b/c I have Dad duties, but I'll try. Nice job on the guest.

BTW, l wanna give you guys props. When I was reading all that stuff about the big debate, I'd expected some frothing at the mouth rabid screeching. But it wasn't like that at all. You've been a welcome addition to the show.
Back to top Go down
BeeBad
Buzz
Buzz
BeeBad

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 pm

DressedCheeseSide wrote:
BeeBad wrote:

When's Chan gonna be on the show? cheers

Don't hold your breath on that one, cheese. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BeeBad
Buzz
Buzz
BeeBad

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:29 pm

PoppaNovember wrote:
Sounds like a great show BeeB.

I loved watching Gathers play. He was everywhere. Its hard sometimes for me to get online with the show live b/c I have Dad duties, but I'll try. Nice job on the guest.

BTW, l wanna give you guys props. When I was reading all that stuff about the big debate, I'd expected some frothing at the mouth rabid screeching. But it wasn't like that at all. You've been a welcome addition to the show.

Appreciate that, Poppa. I'm just trying to work hard, blend in, and help Adamm and Irish put forth a great product.

The show is still in its infancy yet we're all pleased in the great feedback we're getting. Btw, we'll have another great guest next week. I'm supposed to call him later today or tomorrow for the pre-interview.

Stay tuned for the announcement!
Back to top Go down
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
DressedCheeseSide

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:39 pm

I posted a short commercial for the show on the Hive and Stingtalk with a link.

The Hive post has 3 responses/571 views as of 1:33 pm Tues.
Stingtalk post has 0 responses/129 views in the same time.
(dramatic comparison of traffic volume of those two sites. Also shows Stingtalk's lack of interest in the Machine show nomatter who the guest. Mad Oh well, their loss.)
Back to top Go down
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz
GT_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:08 pm

Awesome guest and on my birthday no less!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !   Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Gathers Will Be on Wednesday Night's Radio Show !
Page 1 of 1