Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Matt Ryan to the Falcons

Go down 
+2
DressedCheeseSide
bdobbins79
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

Matt Ryan to the Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:12 pm

What do you guys think about it?

I personally feel that he was indeed warranted a top 3 pick, and they made a good choice. I saw him shread us with his precision passing and he showed great ability to read the defense and hit the hot receiver. He played well under pressure, especially in the VT game.

I know he threw a good many int's his senior year, but he still completed like 60% of his passes and his receivers were not that good. Although in the game against us, those tight ends may have well of been the second coming.
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Whoops I posted this in the wrong forum   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 pm

I guess to make it relavant, I hate the falcons for not picking the Machine, or any other Tech player and drafting another dog.
Back to top Go down
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
DressedCheeseSide

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:20 am

bdobbins79 wrote:
I like it. Its a 360 degree shift from the Vick era. Pocket passer, extremely accurate, smart, less mobile, mentally tough, find-a-way-to-win quarterback. Sounds like a Manning or a Brady type.

I just hope the fans are patient, most rookie QB's look aweful their first year, Vick was no exception.
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:50 pm

DressedCheeseSide wrote:
bdobbins79 wrote:
I like it. Its a 360 degree shift from the Vick era. Pocket passer, extremely accurate, smart, less mobile, mentally tough, find-a-way-to-win quarterback. Sounds like a Manning or a Brady type.

I just hope the fans are patient, most rookie QB's look aweful their first year, Vick was no exception.

Well said Cheese.

No matter who the QB was .. these fans NEED TO BE PATIENT.

This franchise has not only gone through one hell of a negative time off the field but Vick wasn't exactly leading us to positive results.

Matt Ryan will be a good QB here and his personality alone will change the environment on that team.
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:49 am

I'm not really sold on Ryan... I think he's over-rated. The falcons in my opinion fumbled another pick by leaving Dorsey on the board. Meanwhile Green Bay loads up on 2 QB's in the later rounds.

Atlanta has so many problems outside of the QB position I don't see him making ANY impact on this team. If anything he'll spend just as much time as Harrington did this season on his back.
Back to top Go down
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz
GT_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:46 pm

The Falcons to me are still another year away from getting back to being a decent team. Drafting Ryan I feel was necessary to attempt to lay to rest the whole Vick saga but they still have many holes to fix.

I think they could help out their defense a lot with a good draft pick next year, like Michael Johnson. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz
GT_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Ryan signed a killer contract. 6 years for 72 million, of which 34 million are up front

I think he stands a good chance of stepping into the starting role here in ATL. Or at least being sent in there early to get the reps under his belt...
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:49 pm

thats absolutely insane! there is no way that guy is even close to being worth that amount of money. I'm not saying he is a bad player, cause he is a great COLLEGE QB. Also, the Falcons are far more than 1 year away from being a better team. While he does give the team a cleaner image, lets face it, that team was made around Vick.

And am I the only one who thinks that the huge contract will go to his head?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Ryan to the Falcons   Matt Ryan to the Falcons Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Ryan to the Falcons
Page 1 of 1