Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Empty
PostSubject: 2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!   2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 10:24 am

It's August 1st and that means --- time to sign up for the 3rd Annual BuzzOFF College Football Pick'em Contest! We're finally here - 23 more days and the season is in full swing. 2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Dancing22008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Dancing22008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Dancing22008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Dancing22008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Dancing2

This is our 3rd season and again like the previous 2, the winner of this group will get a $50 gift certificate supplied by bp. Gotta believe this is going to be our best season yet for participation. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I will be playing but will not be a part of the prize participation. I just want to see how I can beat the pants out of all of you.2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Wink

Each week you will know where you stand by going to the Group's standings. I will also post the Top 5 HERE after each weekend.

No confidence points this year ... straight up playing the spread supplied by Yahoo Fantasy Sports. Spreads are usually locked in the Thursday before each game.

You'll have till 5 minutes before the start of the lst game of the week/weekend to make your picks or edit. I will put up a reminder here each week as we get closer to the deadline to make your picks.

All games in the Pick'em will come from teams in the AP Top 25.

It's free and it's fun. You also have an opportunity to win $$ from Yahoo.com depending on how you do via their national contest.

If you have any problems getting in or playing the contest - please PM me here and I'll try to help.

To join our group ... you must have a yahoo.com sign in registration - it's free!

Go to yahoo. com

Go to 'sports'

Go to 'fantasy'

Pick - 'College Pick'em'

It asks if you want to 'Join a Group' - click here

It asks for the Group ID = 846

It asks for the Password = doubleb

You are now in the Group - CPJ's Triple Option

From here - create the name you will use to make your picks.

That is it.

Good luck to all --- looking forward to another great season!
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: 2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!   2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:43 pm

First week of the 2008 College Football Pick'em games are up.

You will have until 11:55am EST - Sat. 8/30/08 to pick and/or make your edits.

Spreads will be posted Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and change as the week goes by. You can make your picks now or wait till the 'spreads' are posted and edit as you go. Whatever you feel comfortable with ... just remember the deadline!

Remember, you are playing against the spread.

Make sure to fill out the 'tiebreaker questions' at the bottom of pick list.

Good luck to all ... it's finally 'toe meets leather time'!!!

Time to kick some arse in the Pick'em games and on the field!

2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Allright2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Allright2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Applaud2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Applaud2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Applaud2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Beerchug2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Beerchug2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Beerchug2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Givemebeer2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Givemebeer2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Givemebeer
Back to top Go down
mastacow53
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: 2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!   2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 12:12 pm

Well, I just tried to join and was told the group was full. Sad
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: 2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!   2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 am

mastacow53 wrote:
Well, I just tried to join and was told the group was full. Sad

I've started a 2nd group. There are only 50 slots per group. I will take both groups and add as one to get the winner of the contest.

To get into the 2nd group ... Stinger:

yahoo.com
click - sports
click - fantasy
click - join a private group
group # - 21724
group pw - gastucks
create a 'pick set' name
make your picks

You have until Saturday 8/30 at 11:55am EST to join and make your picks and/or edit picks for the first week of the contest.

Spreads are now a part of the pick'em and will change through Thursday.

Any questions, please post here ... good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!   2008 College Pick'em Contest!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 College Pick'em Contest!!!
Page 1 of 1