Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) Empty
PostSubject: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 2:40 pm

You can ask questions here to whom you have selected, we will contact the person and get them to answer the question/comment ASAP. Some people such as Adamm Oliver, Matt Rhodes, Manny Arora, Irish-E, Ladell Hill or Shawn Bedford may give you a faster response. In summary each person has their own topic if there is not one for a player/person just create one yourself and just title it "QUESTIONS TO .......". Have fun and dont be afraid to ask any and as many questions as you want.
Back to top Go down
https://meetthemachine.forumotion.com
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

PostSubject: Adamm   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Do you prefer playing on grass or turf? Obviously the falcons play on turf and I don't know alot of guys who speak highly of it?

BTW I'd love for you to get with Jacksonville and bust some heads with ole Daryl Smith. Not that Keith Brooking isn't a beast. From an outsider looking in the Jags are in great shape to make a playoff run next year.

Best of luck man.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Yes the Jags would be great! They also seemed to like me when I talked to them at the combine. I would much rather play on the grass. More injuries on the turf although the new turf they have is soft and not as bad as the old crapet surface. It is made of rubber from shreded up tires, it gets a little annoying as it gets all over the place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 5:14 am

One more question for Adamm.

This one is more of a personal word of advice. My brother currently is 15 years old. He played peewee football and is a freshmen in high school at Calvary Day School in Savannah Ga. He's currently going in for work out drills and will be trying out for DE this coming year. He loves Ga Tech and has talked about attending there after highschool. He's 6"2 and weights in at least 205 - 215 (I think he's coming up a bit short on the weight and doesn't want to tell me). Currently he's not in the best of shape but for his age he's a monster in size!!! What did you weight in at that age? And do you have any words of advice for him moving forward?

Thanks Machine!!!
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:45 am

When I was 15years old I was 6'3" 205-210 also. He is a big kid that has the size. If he has the desire to play college or even the NFL now is the time when he needs to get in shape and work out hard. Hes body is growing fast therefore it is important to be active to help keep your athletism, the bigger you get the harder it is to cut, jump and just plain out move around. If someone that is growing that fast is not very active the next time he does go out to play a sport he will feel heavy and lathargic. He needs to start a weight routine with his high school and he needs to start running at least every other day. Sometimes the natural ability will only take you so far and there is no subsitute for hard work. If he needs help designing a workout routine just let me know. Best of Luck.
Back to top Go down
buckinjacket
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: spring game   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 1:21 pm

Just a quick question, I'll be in Atlanta on the 19th of April and would like to attend the Spring Game don't know anything about it are tickets required if so where would I get them. Any info would help.
thanks
buckinjacket
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 1:57 pm

The doors will be opened to public and its free.
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:30 am

Can you name your best hit on a QB in your time at Tech? Most exciting sack? Does one stick out in your mind? I know you enjoyed romping the Canes the last few years!!!

Honestly I can't even imagine being on the field in Atlanta this past year when UGA slipped by.... Burnett had a few chances to turn the tide of the game? Do you feel the refs helped UGA come out with a victory?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:35 am

The UGA game was a blur to me since I hurt my knee that game but it did slip away like all the last few games! Most exciting sack was against Miami, see my picture<--
Hardest hit was against Virginia my junior year.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Questions from totalbirdbrain in Atlanta Falcons Forum
Adamm,

Assuming this is you:

1) Who is the best and some of the better o-linemen that you've faced?
Fritzgerald from Virginia.

2) Are you more comfortable playing LDE or RDE?
LDE

3) Are you better against the pass or against the run?
Better against the run but will progress into a great pass rusher.

4) When do you expect to be drafted?
I dont want to Jinx myself so I will just say I will be happy as long as I get drafted.

Again, assuming this is you, thanks for stopping by and best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Monoxide
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Hey Adamm, this is Monoxide over at the Atlanta Falcons message board. I'd really like to see you stay in Georgia, and wear an Atlanta jersey.

How do you think the Atlanta franchise is ?, and do you think you would enjoy Flowery Branch ?

Also, what is your max on bench and squat ?, I heard you did pretty good at the combine (225 bench rep).
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I did 29 reps of 225 at the combine and 31 reps at the pro day. I would love to stay in Atlanta and practice at flowery branch, I will be getting a tour April 10th. The franchise is in a down time and the team will build back up with full support of the fans and smart decisions by the franchise. The fans need to support by attending games and continuing to show positive support and the decisions of the franchise in what players to pick up needs to be succesful.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:08 pm

question from 3518techie from bbuzzoff

Adamm, I would be curious what you thought about the QB situation last year. Did you think Booker was better than Bennett? What was your opinion about Garner? Did Nesbitt have issues holding on the ball in practice or was it just in games? Thanks.

Bennett was our best quarterback going into the season, knowing his plays and proper reads. As the season progressed Booker or Nesbitt may have been able to produce more productivity. Garner was a good QB but never developed into a starter. I dont think Nesbit had trouble holding the ball in practice but either way he needs to limit the turnovers to have success this year in the offense.
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Playing off that last response.... I know you play defense, but we all thought TB played lights out in the Gator Bowl. What happened to that kid!? Once the season started he was a shell of his former self. Do you think the pressure got to him?

Or more importantly alot of people have criticized coach Gailey (myself included) for not using the dept chart when we obviously couldn't throw the ball. I don't think Johnson will have a problem sitting a kid a few plays to get his head straight. Why didn't Chan ever use the entire dept chart to get some things going? He did the same thing with Reggie Ball.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:31 pm

question from BeeGold92 stingtalk

Glad you are posting Machine!

What do you think about the defense not getting a free pass in practice anymore with full contact below the waist? More Injuries, more intencity, more fights.

Have you ever tried to play in knee braces and how do you feel it will effect the D-Line's speed? No I have not but I heard they do slow you down

Is the O-Line licking their chops since you room with Rhodes? Yes they love the idea of cut-blocking especially Trey Dunmon.

Curious why you think Cord Howard and Nick Claytor are at tackle and not at gaurd in this new offensive line blocking scheme? More natural position for them and we still need tall tackles with long arms in my opinion.

Having difficulty signing up for your site. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:34 pm

TB got a little uncomfortable why, I dont know. Coach gailey and Coach Tenuta did not like to rotate players that did not know the plays very well or did not get enough reps in practice.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:04 pm

TheMachine wrote:
question from BeeGold92 stingtalk

Glad you are posting Machine!

What do you think about the defense not getting a free pass in practice anymore with full contact below the waist? More Injuries, more intencity, more fights.

Have you ever tried to play in knee braces and how do you feel it will effect the D-Line's speed? No I have not but I heard they do slow you down

Is the O-Line licking their chops since you room with Rhodes? Yes they love the idea of cut-blocking especially Trey Dunmon.

Curious why you think Cord Howard and Nick Claytor are at tackle and not at gaurd in this new offensive line blocking scheme? More natural position for them and we still need tall tackles with long arms in my opinion.

Having difficulty signing up for your site. Keep up the good work!

There will be more of all three; injuries, intencity and fights. I will be a good thing as long as we don't lose anybody to injury.

I have not, but Mat Rhodes on the show talked about how it is hard to get ust to! If it does prevent injury it is worth it, but I can see the players being frustrated that they have to wear them.

Good point! I take it back your right, I was not an O-linemen they will prob play gaurd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)   QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT) Empty

Back to top Go down

QUESTIONS TO ADAMM OLIVER(DE, 2008 DRAFT)
Page 1 of 1