Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lakebuzz
JacketFan
JacketFan
Lakebuzz

Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) Empty
PostSubject: Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)   Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 pm

After last nights show, I felt bad for not giving MTM forum some love....

Hopefully Buck will go to meetthemachine.com and check out your awesome show!!! You should personally reach out to him and get HIM on your show. He would be a GREAT guest!!

(I am Buzzwax on bbuzzoff, got booted from the hive last year due to an 'honest confrontation', should probably switch my 'name' here as well)

Email I sent to Buck at 680, buckbelue@680thefan.com

Buck,

You are the best radio 'sports guy', all sports, in Atlanta. (Not just saying this to suck up)

I am a HUGE GT fan! Been going to games since 1974 (With dad, age 7). Season ticket holder, etc.

Are you reading our boards? Have you been to any of our practices? Did you go to our spring game?

Gojackets.com
Bbuzzoff.com
Stingtalk.com
Meatthemachine.com (this one has some fantastic interviews with players, coaches, even Navy's long time beat writer who Knows Coach Johnson VERY well)

GT fans 'in the know' who have 'done their homework' on ALL of our coaches, players, practices, etc. are for the most part very optimistic. The 'energy' surrounding the program is very positive. I would surmise most of the trepidation regarding THIS season is due to the following;

• Spring Game was a meltdown (fumble city) to the casual fan
  • All new skill players
  • New blocking scheme with 'average' returning experience (UGA kicked butt last year with a young OL, so this should not be an 'excuse')
  • Young LB's and DB's
  • New Defensive Scheme
  • Only 75 or so on scholly, poor depth at several positions (if we get hit with the injury bug, we don't have the depth this year to weather the storm, like a UGA),

While our overall talent is probably the best it has been, several key positions (outside the DL) are RFR and SO. The POTENTIAL is awesome!! Next year all of the above 'excuses' go away!!

Since the spring game, it appears our summer workouts from a conditioning and execution perspective were fantastic. It is showing on the field with each and every practice; better execution, less fumbles, improved #1 O success against the #1 D, etc.

As for ticket sales, you are right on the money!! We have sold slightly less tickets this year than last. This shouldn't happen if we had the fan base, but we don't. Our home schedule this year vs. last year

2007 2008 Impact on season tix

Samford Jax ST (thurs) even
BC (thurs) Miss St. increase
Clemson Duke HUGE decrease
Army Gardner Webb decrease
Va Tech (thurs) Virginia pretty big decrease
UNC Florida St increase
UGA Miami (thurs) HUGE decrease

When you put into perspective we are only down LESS than 300 season ticket holders from last year and Clemson, VT and UGA are away this year…..

Where most GT fans and you agree, GT is going to be very good, it is just a matter of when!!!

THWG!!!! Go Jackets!!

His response...

I need you on our research team.

Buck

Oh well, at least I feel better.....
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)   Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Nice job Lake, I am going to send him an e-mail as well.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)   Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 4:44 pm

Very well written, Thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
Lakebuzz
JacketFan
JacketFan
Lakebuzz

PostSubject: Re: Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)   Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 am

NO! Thanks to you, Irish, 33 and BB!! Your shows have helped make this offseason, the best!! Any word on you guys being able to still attend practice, once it is closed next week? Or are you guys just going to be like the rest of the media and try and get post practice interviews?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)   Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Lakebuzz wrote:
NO! Thanks to you, Irish, 33 and BB!! Your shows have helped make this offseason, the best!! Any word on you guys being able to still attend practice, once it is closed next week? Or are you guys just going to be like the rest of the media and try and get post practice interviews?

I will have the same benefits as the other Media when it comes to practice. But dont worry I have little birdies that will give you updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)   Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm) Empty

Back to top Go down

Note to Buck Belue (and Adamm)
Page 1 of 1