Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is FOR the players but about the Coaches

Go down 
+4
vamosjackets
gotech06
TheMachine
techneek1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
techneek1
WannaBee
WannaBee

This is FOR the players but about the Coaches Empty
PostSubject: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:53 am

I realize that the players have only been through meetings, conditioning drills & maybe some film sessions with the new regime. So there is limited information available.

However, I would like to know how you would compare Coach Johnson to Coach Gailey. Further, how would you compare the 2 staffs ?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:04 pm

We have discussed this multiple times in the radio show and these are the difference and similarites I have collected from the players.

Coach Johnson is more hands on
He has been out to all the morning runs along with the rest of the coaching staff, when I was a player coach Gailey would watch conditioning and practice but did not get involved as much as coach Johnson thus far.

Coach Johnson Is Verbally More Aggressive
Coach Gailey is a classy and great Guy! Sometimes he was a little soft spoken and Coach Johnson Seems to be more outspoken.

Coach Johnson Displays more confidence
He talks about not just winning games but being the best, he says "nobody will be able to stop the new offense"

They are both great Coaches that really care about there players on and off the field!

Adamm Oliver
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
gotech06
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:35 pm

What's up fellas.
Who do you think is going to be lining up under center next year?

And good luck with practice and/getting ready for the draft.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 pm

I think it will be Trey Dunmon! He loves the new offensive scheme too! Alot of cut blocking!
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:04 pm

TheMachine wrote:
I think it will be Trey Dunmon! He loves the new offensive scheme too! Alot of cut blocking!

Wow, so Trey is gonna be lined up under center? Dang, that'll be something to see. Will he snap it to himself? Will the QB be throwing cutblocks? geek

I like both versions of the question though. Who will be lined up at center? And, who will be lined up under (behind) center?

So, I'm guessing Machine thinks Trey will be snapping the ball and throwing nasty blocks next year.

Who's the QB gonna be though? ... Buena pregunta. Whoever it is, I hope he is a major part of a lot of these cheers !
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:09 pm

lol

lol!

sorry I need to get reprogrammed thanks for catching that, that would be Josh Nesbitt or Booker, they will fight for the position in the spring. Should be a great battle.
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: other safety   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Really curious to see how the safety position pans out this spring and fall. Burnett we can pencil in at one, but will Jasper, or Frierson, or TC if he moves back to S make a splash?

Position of need; and an answer we need soon!!!

I also am looking forward to the OL development and LB development.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:11 pm

I will say that is a position we will need some people to step up. Morgan Burnett is going to be great and will be the leader of this group. Jake Blackwood will get some time and will be the leader mentally. Jahi-Word Daniels is another great one with some notches on his belt. Reese, Jasper, Frierson and some freshmen are going to need to step up.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:18 pm

As for the OL they will be more active running down field and doing more cut blocking should be interesting. We have great depth here.

The LB positions will be a battle with a bunch of likely candidates including; Shane Bowen, Brad Jefferson (who reminds alot of Daryl Smith who know plays for the Jaguars), A.T Barnes will be a starter in my opinion. Travis Chambers is back and will be hungry! Tony Clarkj is a great athlete with some huge guns. Sedric Griffin has great mobility and plays the position naturally. I am sure another freshmen will stepup in this group as well.
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:57 pm

TheMachine wrote:
As for the OL they will be more active running down field and doing more cut blocking should be interesting. We have great depth here.

The LB positions will be a battle with a bunch of likely candidates including; Shane Bowen, Brad Jefferson (who reminds alot of Daryl Smith who know plays for the Jaguars), A.T Barnes will be a starter in my opinion. Travis Chambers is back and will be hungry! Tony Clarkj is a great athlete with some huge guns. Sedric Griffin has great mobility and plays the position naturally. I am sure another freshmen will stepup in this group as well.

Heard Tony was being moved back to safety?

Jefferson reminds me of D Smith too; actually, I think he may beat out a supposed incumbent. T Chambers was playing real well last year before he left...sure you remember. I could even see him potentially taking over MLB for run downs.

OL seems to have depth, curious to know if its good new scheme depth or not? I bet some boys will shed some weight to be more mobile?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:03 pm

I love the new offensive scheme and yes they will shed some weight. We need that depth because there will be alot of down field blocking.

Travis Chambers will be a great inside Linebacker he plays with an attitude.

I am not sure if Tony is moving back to safety where he originally was but I think it would be a great move considering we need help there.
Back to top Go down
GTCrew
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:38 pm

TheMachine wrote:
I will say that is a position we will need some people to step up. Morgan Burnett is going to be great and will be the leader of this group. Jake Blackwood will get some time and will be the leader mentally. Jahi-Word Daniels is another great one with some notches on his belt. Reese, Jasper, Frierson and some freshmen are going to need to step up.

CB is where I'm most worried. Top teams almost always have one great or two good CBs. Big Play Willie Clay was as important as anybody on the 90 team IMHO.
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:29 pm

GTCrew wrote:
TheMachine wrote:

CB is where I'm most worried. Top teams almost always have one great or two good CBs. Big Play Willie Clay was as important as anybody on the 90 team IMHO.

I wonder how the new scheme will affect the CB position. For a cover-2 scheme (and for most traditional zone schemes), a cover corner isn't as important as a man scheme. Of course it's always nice to have a playmaker at the position though, no matter the scheme.

We certainly have a lot of choices there. I'm gonna go with Tarrant, Butler, and Reese as the 3 early favorites for the other starting CB spot opposite Word-Daniels. It depends on the scheme though, as I've heard Peterson is a big hitter and may be good in a cover-2 scheme. One of the incoming frosh may surprise, but I wouldn't put money on them beating out an upperclassman.

Finally, another possibility is that another safety emerges as starter quality and if we've been getting hurt by the CB position, we may see that moving Burnett back there helps us put the best 11 on the field ... ala last year.

Really looking forward to Spring practice ...
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:31 pm

TheMachine wrote:

Machine, I never knew Burnett. What makes him as good as he is? He's obviously got athletic ability, but I don't see him as having ridiculously blazing speed or anything. It seems he has great football intelligence.

Just wondering your opinion on what differentiates him from others to make him a level above.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 3:50 pm

He is faster then people think probably in the low 4.4 high 4.3's but its his intinct and nose for the ball for that position that makes him great. He is the kind of guy that attacks the ball and feels like it is his job to intercept the ball and not to just be content with batting a ball down. With his combinations of intinct, agressiveness and athletic ability he is one of the best in the nation!
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Will Coach Johnson   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 7:08 pm

enhance this offense by being at Tech where he has the opportunity to recruit better BCS type O players?

Seems to me by what I've seen and read about Coach, he will tweek and change and give you looks you may not be expecting based on personnel.

I'm looking forward to watching this O ... like the great days of Friedgen's offenses!
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:06 am

So is there anyone among the players who wants a shot at QB? Who thinks they can run the O, and are any gonna ask to try out?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:13 am

I heard Reese may try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is FOR the players but about the Coaches   This is FOR the players but about the Coaches Empty

Back to top Go down

This is FOR the players but about the Coaches
Page 1 of 1