Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jaybo arrested for underage drinking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

Jaybo arrested for underage drinking Empty
PostSubject: Jaybo arrested for underage drinking   Jaybo arrested for underage drinking EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 10:00 pm

Ouch...

Here's the link from the report on AJC

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/03/31/georgia_tech_qb.html

In the big scheme of things, a misdemeanor, pretty small stuff, and something we've all done. But getting arrested for ANYTHING is going to put him in PJ's doghouse right off the bat.

Stoooooooopid.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Jaybo arrested for underage drinking   Jaybo arrested for underage drinking EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 pm

PoppaNovember wrote:
Ouch...

Here's the link from the report on AJC

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/03/31/georgia_tech_qb.html

In the big scheme of things, a misdemeanor, pretty small stuff, and something we've all done. But getting arrested for ANYTHING is going to put him in PJ's doghouse right off the bat.

Stoooooooopid.
You may like this since you are tech fan.I am playing golf with my tech at and a guy said something bad about tech.Of corse I returned the insult and the game was on.I did tell him that each year Ga recruits twenty or twenty five recruits and then they recruit 5 to 10 PROBATION OFFICERS to keep up with the off field antics they do every year.Of course they keep them out of the first game like Montana State Jr College etc to save face so I am not too upset with our guy getting drunk.I agree that its not smart and PJ aint going to be happy sinc e now he has to start off disciplining his squad and spring practice aint over.jBad mistake for the young man.Maybe he needs to call Spurrier and see how to get in and out of the doghouse.
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Jaybo arrested for underage drinking   Jaybo arrested for underage drinking EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I certainly agree that this is small potato's. But PJ has a rep for running a tight, and clean ship, and anything that reflects badly on the team or the Institute will PI$$ him off.

One thing that PJ will have to adjust to, is that Tech (tho there is an honor code.....) does not have a Code of Discipline like they have at Navy.

If one of the Mids got into some trouble, the Midshipmen code would mete out harsher punishment than anything PJ could come up with.

I suspect that Jaybo has some serious PT in his future this Summer. Razz
Back to top Go down
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Jaybo Shaw & Other Kids   Jaybo arrested for underage drinking EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 pm

I feel sure Coach Johnson will let Jaybo know it does not help Tech for him to act in such a foolish manner.

Underage drinking (by law) and any comsumption of alcoholic beverages:

First there have been some foolish fans who have condoned Jaybo's actions. It is completely untrue that every kid drank alcoholic beverages while they were underage. I did not, and knew many kids in my school and community who did not drink any alcoholic beverages. So the statement to place Jaybo and other kids as acting responsibly by drinking while underage is a false statement.

In fact, anyone who drinks at any age to get drunk or alter their personality while under the influence is less than a person. A whole sane person has complete control of his faculties and his mind. When a person comes under the influence of alcohol so that it alters his mind, movements, decisions, and safety to himself and others, he is less than the person he was prior to drinking, so he is less than a person.

Why would anyone think it makes them more of a man to drink alcoholic beverages. The man is the one who abstains and keeps his own senses while those around him become lesser persons. Think about it; why would you have a designated driver? Because, those under the influence do not have control of their own minds or body; they are less than a person.

Kids want so much to be accepted by others that many will give away their own mind and control to alcohol just to be one of the gang or appear as a manly sort. Again, those who are real men will abstain and keep their own minds under control; they do not want to be a lesser person.

Now, do I think it is abhorrent to drink any alcoholic beverages? No! There are times when seemingly bad things are good. It normally is decided by the reason for the action.

Some meals taste better with the right choice of wine or beer. Personally, I like a beer with steak and Mexican foods. I like wine with fish and few other choices of food.

If a husband and wife want to drink a little wine to loosen up their evening and make it more romantic, then it appears to be a good thing. However, everyone knows you cannot enjoy yourself with any activity when you have given your mind over to too much alcohol and lose your personhood;.

The Bible even condones wine for medical purposes such as the verse that states "A little wine for the stomach's sake". Those who are in the woes of misery such as a death or fatal disease may find a "little" alcohol will loosen their anxiety and help them cope.

Again, the wise person will use alcohol only within reason and not for sport, getting drunk, thinking it makes you into a man, etal. Any parent who lets their underage kids drink are breaking the law and teaching their children to break the law. Any parent who furnishes alcohol beverages to other parents kids are doing worse.

The best possible thing that could happen is that the police take all the kids to the jail, call their parents, make their parents come down an pick them up, and pay the fine. It is a lesson both kids and parents will remember. It will also make the parents place pressure on the host parents who allowed the breaking of the law and placing their kids under alcohol that could have gotten them killed in an accident.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaybo arrested for underage drinking   Jaybo arrested for underage drinking Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaybo arrested for underage drinking
Page 1 of 1