Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Great Blog on PJ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

Great Blog on PJ Empty
PostSubject: Great Blog on PJ   Great Blog on PJ EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Scott, over at The GT Sports Blog (http:/gtsports.blogspot.com) had a terrific post this morning about Paul Johnson.

http://gtsports.blogspot.com/2008/04/tapping-in-to-gt-shoulder-chip.html

Partly he discusses the Dennis Dodd article from Sportsline on PJ's potential success for Tech, but as usual he pulls together some other info and adds his own take.

This quote from the blog about sums up what I've known about PJ in the time I've watched him at Navy "Coach Johnson has more than a "system". He has a structure for practice. He has an approach to discipline. He has an approach to following academics. He has specific teaching methods. He has an approach to developing young men. He adapts the "system" to the talents of the players. He has resume of winning. He has a track record of being a master in-game tactician. Bottom-line.......He has a plan, and he has a vision for what he wants............... With Paul Johnson, we are getting a football coach - not a throw-back "triple option expert"."

Check out Scott's article. Whether you're enthused about Paul Johnson, or not, it's a good read.
Back to top Go down
droopyGT
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
droopyGT

Great Blog on PJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Blog on PJ   Great Blog on PJ EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Indeed a good article. It's refreshing to hear some frank speak instead of coach speak from a football coach.
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

Great Blog on PJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Blog on PJ   Great Blog on PJ EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:33 pm

Thats a good blog site... The anticipation for the new season is killing me right now... Lets go jackets!!!
Back to top Go down
Stinger92
WannaBee
WannaBee

Great Blog on PJ Empty
PostSubject: Thanks!!!   Great Blog on PJ EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 12:03 am

Thanks for the kind words. I'm like everyone else - just chomping at the bit for the games. However, I'm still tempering my expectations when it comes to w's.............. but it's going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

Great Blog on PJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Blog on PJ   Great Blog on PJ EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 12:22 am

Good to see you posting on Machine's site, Scott. Keep the good work coming at your blog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great Blog on PJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Blog on PJ   Great Blog on PJ Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Blog on PJ
Page 1 of 1