Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GT favorite pics

Go down 
+7
vamosjackets
savannahjacket
Admin
PoppaNovember
gatech87
TheMachine
-Zack-
11 posters
AuthorMessage
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm

GT favorite pics 1727073
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks thats a great pic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
gatech87
JacketFan
JacketFan

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: truly a classic pic   GT favorite pics EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 5:07 pm

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 12:54 am

It doesn't get much better than this. Greatest Tech comeback in the 24 years I've been a Jacket.

GT favorite pics Calvin-johnson-pictures%20(41)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:01 am

I have a story to tell about this game........will tell it soon....have to find where I put it.
Back to top Go down
https://meetthemachine.forumotion.com
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:36 am

Yeah. Me too.. I'd turned off the friggin game in disgust after the 3rd quarter, b/c I was screaming foul language at the TV and was waking up my kids. Evil or Very Mad

Fortunately I switched it back on with about 4 minutes left, just to see the damage. Thank God I did b/c if I hadn't I would have lived the rest of my life in shame.

Hope your story is better than mine!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:44 am

it is....I have it wriiten down and I have to find it.
Back to top Go down
https://meetthemachine.forumotion.com
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:33 am

GT favorite pics Georgia_Tech_Football_gt14b_large

Kerry Watkins in 2000, GT 31 Klempsin 28, I'm sorry Calvin is just a freak of nature. This was by far the greatest catch in the last 24 years. One handed my friends.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Story about 04' clemson game. Great Inspiration!   GT favorite pics EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 pm

This story was in our locker after the Clemson game.

"Carter Martin, age 7, has spent the last 2 years fighting cancer. Over the past 3 weeks the cancer reached his brain and his coordination grew worse. He was also a huge Georgia tech fan and loved the football team. Saturday night he asked his father to do play by play of the Tech game, as he was unable to see the television from his bed. As time grew late and tech was losing in the fourth quarter, his father ask him if he could stop, as it had to be miserable to hear Tech losing and he needed his sleep. Carter said "please don't stop-I know Tech is going to win." His father bravely kept doing the play by play and Carter struggled to stay awake. As Tech scored the winning touchdown Carter squeezed his fathers hand tightly. Shortly Carter fell asleep, aglow in the Tech victory. He died Sunday and will be buried on Wednesday with a Tech football helmet panted on his casket"
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 4:54 pm

Wow, just wow. Incredible story.
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:13 pm

savannahjacket wrote:
Kerry Watkins in 2000, GT 31 Klempsin 28, I'm sorry Calvin is just a freak of nature. This was by far the greatest catch in the last 24 years. One handed my friends.

I remember that catch. Great catch! And you're right. CJ made those kind of grabs look routine.

My brother-in-law picked up some Russian nesting dolls that are little GT players from that team. The big one is Godsey, then Joe Burns, then Kelly Campbell, and Kerry Watkins.... seems like there's one more too. Gathers? I forget. I'll have to look when I get back in my office.

Maybe I'll take a picture and post it.
Back to top Go down
RedD4sunday
JacketFan
JacketFan

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:16 pm

What a touching story Adamm.....Did someone know this family?

One of my favorites was the Auburn game I think the same year? Maybe it's because I was there!! They are ALL better being there!
I would post a pic.....if I had ANY IDEA how to do it!LOL
Back to top Go down
BuzzfanŽ
WannaBee
WannaBee

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Carter Martin.....   GT favorite pics EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm

caringbridge.org
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 pm

amazing story!
Back to top Go down
wesleyd21
WannaBee
WannaBee

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 pm

TheMachine wrote:
This story was in our locker after the Clemson game.

"Carter Martin, age 7, has spent the last 2 years fighting cancer. Over the past 3 weeks the cancer reached his brain and his coordination grew worse. He was also a huge Georgia tech fan and loved the football team. Saturday night he asked his father to do play by play of the Tech game, as he was unable to see the television from his bed. As time grew late and tech was losing in the fourth quarter, his father ask him if he could stop, as it had to be miserable to hear Tech losing and he needed his sleep. Carter said "please don't stop-I know Tech is going to win." His father bravely kept doing the play by play and Carter struggled to stay awake. As Tech scored the winning touchdown Carter squeezed his fathers hand tightly. Shortly Carter fell asleep, aglow in the Tech victory. He died Sunday and will be buried on Wednesday with a Tech football helmet panted on his casket"

That was my little cousin, Carter Martin. I remember telling him about Calvin the week before (I had seen the Samford game). I told Carter he was going to be the greatest wide receiver GT had ever seen. He said he would listen to "Tech beat the Tigers" that Saturday. He literally died the very next day.

His father, Scott, later told me he was giving him the play-by-play and to squeeze his hand if he understood...and play after play Calvin and Reggie made, Carter kept squeezing...

I was so happy Tech won that game because he was hurting pretty bad. We all miss Carter dearly.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:58 pm

It would be great to name a charity after him.
Back to top Go down
GrantParkJacket
WannaBee
WannaBee
GrantParkJacket

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 am

Some great memories from my undergrad years
1998 UVA win...carrying the goal post to Cloughs house and cutting it up in the yard.
1999 UGA game...As Dr. Salamone (INTA proffessor) so eloquently stated.."The only thing better than beating UGA is beating them when they feel they were cheated."
GT favorite pics Goalpo10

And of course Goose showing the mutts how to count to 3 in 2000. I have never seen more camouflage in my entire life, it is like the mutts did all of their shopping at Bass Pro Shop....Good times...
GT favorite pics 2000go10

Looking forward to a fresh count against the dawgs under PJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GT favorite pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT favorite pics   GT favorite pics Empty

Back to top Go down

GT favorite pics
Page 1 of 1