Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system Empty
PostSubject: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 3:12 pm

The recruiting thread took a turn toward QB's and what type we should recruit. That really got my brain busy. So, I thought we'd make it something for everybody to weigh in on. Should we recruit an "athlete playing QB" or a "QB who is athletic"? While answering that please rank the following QB's as to which one you would want most for our system, and then classify them as "athlete playing QB" or "QB who is athletic". For the purposes of this discussion please leave character issues asside. Mine are given below:

1. Mike Vick (athlete playing QB)
2. Vince Young (athlete playing QB)
3. Tommie Frasier (athlete playing QB)
4. Cunningham/Young/Farve/Elway (QB's who are athletic)
5. Joe Hamilton (QB who is athletic)
6. Eric Crouch (athlete playing QB)
7. Pat White (athlete playing QB)
8. Tim Tebow (QB who is athletic, I think)
9. Shawn Jones (QB who is athletic)
10. Tracy Ham/Hines Ward/Charlie Ward (I couldn't make up my mind) (athlete playing QB)

That was really hard to do for me on some of those decisions. And, I guess that's my point. For this offense, what do we really want??????? A Frasier led Nebraska team running the TO obliterated a Weurfel led Florida team running the fun and gun in the national championship not that long ago.

Maybe come up with your own top 10. You know what's fun to think about ... maybe Josh Nesbitt will be on this list in 3 years
Back to top Go down
mastacow53
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:42 pm

1)Tommie Farzier
2)Darian Hagen
3)Tracy Hamm
4)Jamelle Holieway
5) Brad Smith
6)Tony Rice
7)Woody Dantzler
8)Jack Mildren
9)Charlie Ward
10)Joe Hamilton
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:34 pm

I hate to say it but Mike Vick would fit well in this system, but as far as GT QB's Joe Hamilton would fit in naturally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
mastacow53
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:40 pm

TheMachine wrote:
I hate to say it but Mike Vick would fit well in this system

I disagree. This system requires a smart quarterback who can make quick decisions. That ain't Mike Vick.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Well, Joey would be hard to beat in my book, but Woody was tough. Remember when he just ate Tech up alive, over and over, running right up the middle. I couldn't understand why Tech couldn't figure out what he was going to do. But, obviously, that is easier said than done some time.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:13 pm

despite the hatred toward reggie ball, he would have fit great. HE WOULDNT HAVE TO PASS THE BALL!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:28 pm

-Zack- wrote:
despite the hatred toward reggie ball, he would have fit great. HE WOULDNT HAVE TO PASS THE BALL!!! LOL

I agree, Reggie would've been good in this system, much better than the previous one. I think he would've done better than you think passing in this system. He wasn't that bad a passer really. Name a QB that passed well in the previous system. That was the biggest/only problem for 7 years.

It'd be intriguing to see Reggie in this system and I'd pay good money to be able to hypothetically see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system   Topic for participation:  Rank the QB's for our system Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic for participation: Rank the QB's for our system
Page 1 of 1