Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GT's 2008 Schedule

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gtfan09
WannaBee
WannaBee

GT's 2008 Schedule Empty
PostSubject: GT's 2008 Schedule   GT's 2008 Schedule EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:11 pm

What do you guys think about our schedule? Personally, I think its harder than people think but i think its not as hard as people think given the ACC is awful but should be a little bit better.

vs. J'ville State... we should handle them... win by 35 or more
@ BC... it'll be tough by it being the first road game for this team and CPJ but we can pull this one out... win somewhere by 9-15 pts
@ VT... they are beatable but its hard to win up there especially with a young team (2006 GT team was full of veterans)... lose somewhere by 7-13 pts
vs. Miss State... they will be okay this year... this is a mystery game for me... I think GT can beat them though... win by 3-9 pts
vs. Duke... they'll be improved... but its still Duke... win by 20 or more
vs. Gardner-Webb... the offense should be really clicking by midseason... win by 40 or more
@ Clemson... They'll be good if CTB doesn't mess things up... GT-Clemson games are usually a classic though... lose by 3-10 pts.
vs. Virginia... good golly miss molly... they have KEY STARTING PLAYERS that have either left the team or kicked off... win by 17 or more
vs. Florida State... they have our number but we haven't played them since Ball's freshman year (shoulda beat them every year we played them)... but this isn't the same FSU teams that JoeHam and Godsey faced regularly... win by 10-17 pts.
@ North Carolina... they should be better but I'm not sold on them being much better like UNC fans say EVERY YEAR... tough one in chapel hill we've had problems up there recently... win by 3-13 pts.
vs. Miami... we've won 3 in a row against them... I don't see them returning back to their national elite position like the 90s and early 2000s... win by 10-15 pts.
@ Georgia... good god i hate UGA and I dont think they'll be in the national title hunt... their schedule is rediculously hard and i see them losing 2-5 games this year with that schedule but UGa has our number but it will be close... CPJ will have our guys ready though... tough loss... lose by 3-10 pts.

9-3 Overall, 6-2 ACC
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

GT's 2008 Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT's 2008 Schedule   GT's 2008 Schedule EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:30 am

gtfan09 wrote:
What do you guys think about our schedule? Personally, I think its harder than people think but i think its not as hard as people think given the ACC is awful but should be a little bit better.

vs. J'ville State... we should handle them... win by 35 or more
@ BC... it'll be tough by it being the first road game for this team and CPJ but we can pull this one out... win somewhere by 9-15 pts
@ VT... they are beatable but its hard to win up there especially with a young team (2006 GT team was full of veterans)... lose somewhere by 7-13 pts
vs. Miss State... they will be okay this year... this is a mystery game for me... I think GT can beat them though... win by 3-9 pts
vs. Duke... they'll be improved... but its still Duke... win by 20 or more
vs. Gardner-Webb... the offense should be really clicking by midseason... win by 40 or more
@ Clemson... They'll be good if CTB doesn't mess things up... GT-Clemson games are usually a classic though... lose by 3-10 pts.
vs. Virginia... good golly miss molly... they have KEY STARTING PLAYERS that have either left the team or kicked off... win by 17 or more
vs. Florida State... they have our number but we haven't played them since Ball's freshman year (shoulda beat them every year we played them)... but this isn't the same FSU teams that JoeHam and Godsey faced regularly... win by 10-17 pts.
@ North Carolina... they should be better but I'm not sold on them being much better like UNC fans say EVERY YEAR... tough one in chapel hill we've had problems up there recently... win by 3-13 pts.
vs. Miami... we've won 3 in a row against them... I don't see them returning back to their national elite position like the 90s and early 2000s... win by 10-15 pts.
@ Georgia... good god i hate UGA and I dont think they'll be in the national title hunt... their schedule is rediculously hard and i see them losing 2-5 games this year with that schedule but UGa has our number but it will be close... CPJ will have our guys ready though... tough loss... lose by 3-10 pts.

9-3 Overall, 6-2 ACC

J-ville state - Should have more athletes then they can handle. Plus all the misdirection from the option will have those kids wondering who has the ball every down. BIG WIN.

BC - They're in transistion. And from a fans perspective this is the easiest place to play. They have zero fan support in their stands. I don't even know who they have playing QB, and they're losing a ton of guys on D meaning they'll be freshmen trying to stop our option game. If our guys pick up the schemes before this game we can win it.

VT - Beamer always has good D and special teams. In Blacksburg the Turkeys will be looking for revenge after we handed them their ass on the last visit. VT wins this one.

Miss State - plays in the SEC, has large bodys on defense, and will manhandle our line at the point of attack. Low scoring game but Miss State has the edge.

Duke - laff, chalk one up for the good guys.

Gardner-webb - Cruise control

Clemson - Death Valley is not going to be a factor for this offense. CPJ will have the 80+ thousand silent before the first half with slow methodical drives hopefully. If we can contain their initial surge I say we win in convincing fashion. Clemson is on the verge of dropping to the bottom of the ACC. They've had a plethora of running backs for about 3 years now and have done squat with them. If Spiller or Davis goes down early in the season with injury I have no doubt we'll win this game. Our defense is going to have to come up big in this one.

Virginia - "My slow is slower then your slow." --- Nike sparq joke. Al Groh will be saying this on the sidelines to our fans. Virginia has no offensive threats and our defense will shread their line. They've lost everyone on both sides of the ball. You can't replace Chris Long. We'll put 35 on them before the half. I hate to say it but Duke might not be the last place team in the ACC this year.

FL state - I want this win bad... I hate FSU... Every year the media whores up their "ability" saying "this is their year." Well since the media love fest began the Jackets havn't played FSU much. Time to put up or shut up. GT wins.

North Carolina - Butch Davis is hard nosed and will have UNC ready to go. He could be to CPJ what Spurrior is to the Mutts. Or then again he could be coaching the Tarheels who would rather be playing basketball and getting blown out by Kansas. The mental lapses this team suffered while Chan fucking Gailey was our coach won't happen this time around. Look for the Jackets to manhandle them in the fourth and then sit on the lead.

Miami - Thursday night game in ATL. Miami is the one defense in the entire conference next to VT that can stop our guys. They're fast, powerful, and will be more mature this year. However, the jury is still out on their offense. With all that said I see our O turning the ball over because of some freak athletic play from their D in terrible field position. It doesn't take much to score from up close folks. Miami wins this one.

UGA - Wow now this is gonna be a good one. The Mutts are used to Tenuta blitzing the hell out of their QB's every down. Screen passes and trick bullshit have saved their ass in the past. This time around can UGA guess when we're blitzing?!?!? It aint' gonna be every down. And if we're back in zone when ole Matthew fatford is looking over the middle, pick 6 baby. Anyone sold on UGA's passing game is either A) borderline retarded, B) a mutt, C) dropped on their head as a baby. This defensive scheme we are running is going to eat the dogs alive. Burnett is not going to drop any INT's, or fumble any balls into the endzone this time around. The killing drive in a close game will be when the Dawgs are so pumped they miss an assignment and Dwyer runs one for 40 yards to the barn. UGag as always is over-rated. They're slow snail approach to offense is not going to beat out a perfectly executed option scheme. CPJ beats UGag in year one... something Gailey couldn't do in 6.

Best case scenario Jackets 9-3 (assuming our guys understand the O)
Worst case scenario Jackets 5-7 (assuming our guys are still fumbling come UGA)
Back to top Go down

GT's 2008 Schedule
Page 1 of 1