Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why No Posted Practice Reports

Go down 
+6
33jacket
GTAE2010ish
4NCsAndCounting
spedema
geebee2
ahsoisee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

Why No Posted Practice Reports Empty
PostSubject: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:48 pm

I would assume any board that represents Georgia Tech would make it a priority to have someone post the results of each practice for those who cannot attend the practices and live out of town.

It seems this board had neglected this facet lately. This is the lifeblood of any board. I assume it will not succeed if there is no interesting reports about the teams and their practices.

While I am posting, I will also make a comment about the UCF player who died during practices. All coaches should be aware that most all players out practicing for team positions are doing so because they want to succeed and be good players.

When any player is struggling with exercises, the very first thing a coach should do is consider something might be wrong and insure the player is not experiencing some kind of health problem

I don't care if Atlas or Mr. America is on the field, they are still subject to short or long term conditions to their health. For instance, the United States has just experienced an outbreak of the flu which attacks the bronchial tubes. Even though a person can still breathe, the recovery leaves their lungs and bronchial tubes in a weakened condition.

I have no idea if this had anything to do with the kids problem, but it seems apparent he was struggling with some temporary or long term health problem. The coaches should assume a player is having health problems anytime he is unable to complete a function. I am sure the athlete does not like the fact he cannot complete it.

It appears the coaches were negligent in this situation. All athletes do not have the same ability in their use of energy. Each person is a little different. People are like cars in some respect. some have bigger engines, some have better engines, and some have more efficient engines. It is not possible that all athletes have the exact same amount of stamina.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 2:07 pm

33 is a slacker that why. Shocked
Back to top Go down
spedema
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Ok, I'll give it a shot...Disclaimer - entirely untrained eye, so take it for what it's worth.

Nesbitt didn't participate in the scrimmage, only 7 v 7's. Looked pretty good in those, though.

1st team d-line seemed to control the LOS, with Vance and D-Rich blowing up quite a few plays. MJ was impressive, coming from all over the field. Seemed like he batted down quite a few passes in the QB's face. AT made a few plays that reminded me of K-mike in his sophmore year (over-ran a sure sack early in the scrimmage).

1st team linebackers were AT, Brad Jefferson, and I believe Kyle Jackson...Jefferson looked good from what I saw.

Hard to get a read on the 1st team secondary, as the D-line was pressuring the QB almost every time the O threw. I will say that Morgan Burnett did make a few big hits in run support. 1st team was Burnett, Blackwood, Word-Daniels, and Tarrant.

On O, Roddy Jones looked good at A Back, making a few impressive runs in traffic. Dwyer busted a few big runs - including a 20 or so yard touchdown run where Tarrant got in his face afterwards. He also had about a 35 yard run on an outside toss.

Bebe didn't participate in the scrimmage…

The 1st team O seemed to struggle with Booker in - mainly due to pressure when passing. About half way thru the scrimmage, Dykes started playing with the 1st team, and seemed to make good decisions in the TO, including a 55 yard TD run and a 20 yarder, which was called dead when his helmet was knocked off, but he kept running. Got an applause from the crowd for that...He didn't throw the ball much, but looked accurate in the short passing game when MJ wasn’t batting balls down. Had one deflected ball intercepted by a LB after it bounced off Vance's helmet. Also fumbled 2 straight snaps from the 1 yard line, the second was recovered by the D.

2nd team offense made out a little better against 2nd team defense. Dykes ran the 2nd team efficiently - looking comfortable. 2nd team backfield was Luke at B, with Barrick and Tyler Evans at A - Tyler made a few nice runs, and Luke busted a couple 15 yard runs up the middle, including one that he fell down on trying to juke a linebacker or db.

RB Clyburn made a few nice catches with the 2nd team...On defense, Jason Peters looked good, and Troy Garside seemed to be around the ball a lot - making a few big hits. Sedric Griffin also seemed to be making plays with the 2nd team as well.

Overall, it looked like the D might be back ahead of the offense…I'd like to see Nesbitt run with the 1st team in person to see if he's more effective than what I saw today.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Nice job spedema. Thanks for the practice report. Very interesting news on Dykes. I am not sure if that is good or bad news.
Back to top Go down
4NCsAndCounting
JacketFan
JacketFan
4NCsAndCounting

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:07 pm

I've been fairly impressed w/Dykes from what I've seen, mainly from his arm. A 55 yd scamper on the 1st string D is pretty impressive. Booker may be 3rd string at this rate.
Back to top Go down
GTAE2010ish
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Does anyone know why Nesbitt hasn't been participating in scrimmages and the passing drills? I haven't seen him do either since he came back from the groin.

Dykes looks really good, especially at the 3-O. It looked to me like the 1st team defense was ahead of the 1st team offense, but the 2nd team defense was behind the second team offense.
Back to top Go down
spedema
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 pm

We were having problems with center - qb exchange with both QB's. Booker's couple of fumbled snaps popped up in the air, while Dykes went to the ground. Based on today's showing from Booker, I'm really hoping Nesbit can run the show. He threw 3 or 4 touchdowns in a row in 7 on 7's at "halftime", including one really pretty one that Melton practically laid out for. If he can make decisions in the running game like Dykes did today, it should be fun to watch.

I also forgot to mention that Corey Earls had about a 40 yard run on a reverse against the 1st team D.
Back to top Go down
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Reply To spedema   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the information. I am sure others also appreciate it.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 2:59 pm

geebee2 wrote:
33 is a slacker that why. Shocked

yeah tough to do practice reports when you are out of town for 2 straight weeks

but I am back

and promise 2-3 killer reports before its all said and done. The only thing...is they may come on the radio show NOT written.
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: 33 the slacker   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 5:12 pm

33 since when does work come before Tech football???? What a Face Can we get someone who really has passion about Tech football to stup up? Shocked

Looked forward to you report. Oh no.... now I have to listen to Rhodes and Machine to get my reports. Ya killing me 33....
Back to top Go down
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Reply To 33Jacket   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm

The only problem with no printed reports is that I and others do not listen to the radio reports. I have little time to sit and listen to these shows when I can take a minute to read a post.

Your talents are wasted on the shows as opposed to posting the reports on the boards.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:01 pm

ahsoisee wrote:
The only problem with no printed reports is that I and others do not listen to the radio reports. I have little time to sit and listen to these shows when I can take a minute to read a post.

Your talents are wasted on the shows as opposed to posting the reports on the boards.

Father Time

Beggers can't be choosy. If I have time to go to practice, come home, write a report so you can read it for 3 mins (in total an effort of mine taking 3 hours including at practice time); then I suggest to you, you have 1 hour to listen to the show.

As far as I am concerned I am doing a favor to tech fans who can't go to practice for free and on my own time; which I enjoy, so take it how you get it and say no more.
Back to top Go down
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Reply To 33Jacket   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Gee, you could now easily become one of the elite on the insider's board at the Hive.

Are you becoming what you dislike about the Hive?

Father Time
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:44 pm

ahsoisee wrote:
Gee, you could now easily become one of the elite on the insider's board at the Hive.

Are you becoming what you dislike about the Hive?

Father Time

how do you figure? I don't charge, you just don't want to tune into a show and listen for 30 mins. I do this for free and fun don't suggest I should write a practice report to make it easy on YOU. LOL...like I said beggers can't be choosey. If I don't have the time to type out a report, you will just have to live with it, like I didn't have the time to do the talk show tonight. Not that big a deal.

Unlike some, this isn't my job, I will never charge for it, so you will just have to take the good with the bad and occasionally it will require YOU to make an effort to get information you want...
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 8:55 am

33jacket wrote:

Unlike some, this isn't my job, I will never charge for it, so you will just have to take the good with the bad and occasionally it will require YOU to make an effort to get information you want...

Wait just a cotton pickin' minute! This isn't your job!?!?! I am soooooo confused.. oh wait.. we would have to start paying you wouldn't we?.... uh nevermind... carry on 33jacket..... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Reply To 33Jacket   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 10:04 am

You are too full of yourself and take too much credit for yourself. As I said, you are becoming like those on the insider "elite" board.

First, I never mentioned your name in my original post. I was posing the question to the owner of the board as to why he did not have someone create posts about the practices since this is the lifeblood of any board.

I do not care if you ever post another report on the board. I had praised you in the past for unselfishly giving of yourself to the board fans for your written posts, but I see that you have tarnished the luster of that praise.

I did not beg for you to post. I did on another post state, "Calling 33Jacket" because you had been faithful to post on the boards. However, one of the last things I would do is beg someone to make written posts on the boards.

There have been some faithful ones post over the years when they attended practice such as Jerry The Jacket and others. It appears you have now taken the path of the elite and want to have a radio audience for your postings or maybe get paid for your service. I don't really know, but if you can place your finger in a glass of water, remove it, and the hole remains, you are important. If not, you are not all that important.

I am now sorry I praised you in the beginning for your efforts. I thought your efforts were from a sincere attempt to serve Tech fans and be a good Tech citizen, but it appears my praise was very much misplaced on you.

I will continue to read the boards for those who consider themselves servants of the fans and wants to share their views without fanfare. Sorry, I bothered you; it will not happen again.

Most people come to boards to read posts, not listen to radio shows. I did not come to the board to be entertained on some radio broadcast by anyone who considers themselves important. Maybe I have picked the wrong board to offer views and read informative posts. As I stated, my original question was to the owners of the board; not you.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Father time

go to the practices... 33 thanks for everything
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 12:38 pm

How can people who dont even have time to go to the practices, get mad a someone who does it out of love for the game. the guy is giving us an inside look at what is happening. something you wouldnt have without him!

maybe you should turn on your speakers or headphones and listen to a 1 hour radio show (that is available for you to listen to 24-7) regarding "your team", while you blog for the same amount of time!

its really not that difficult. try thanking the guy, instead of bashing him for filling in all of us who are not able to go to the practices.

so, thanks 33jacket!!!
Back to top Go down
DBjacket88
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Ridiculous   Why No Posted Practice Reports EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Guys, this is ridiculous. This is supposed to be a football forum and we are sitting here debating/arguing about a practice report that a guy kindly shared w/ us. Why does it seem that in every tech forum the "fans" are all up in each other's grills and bashing each other. This is nuts...who cares if a guy can't get a practice report...we root and support the same team...so why are we being women here and bickering about crap like this? Just get your panties out of a wad and let's just talk about football, not crap like this...we're here for tech football, not to argue and bicker and be little girls about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why No Posted Practice Reports   Why No Posted Practice Reports Empty

Back to top Go down

Why No Posted Practice Reports
Page 1 of 1