Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

QB situation

Go down 
+4
Mifune
GTAE2010ish
DressedCheeseSide
DBjacket88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DBjacket88
JacketFan
JacketFan

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: QB situation   QB situation EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 11:57 pm

hey guys...I wanna hear what ya'll's thoughts are on who you think that best qb was during T-day. I thought Nesbitt looked really bad, and booker didn't look too bad, esp. considering the type of qb he is. If you have any other thoughts about anything you saw during the game...let's hear them
Back to top Go down
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
DressedCheeseSide

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 12:21 am

I thought Nesbitt would have looked much better after 33 said he could walk on water... lol! (totally not serious with that comment, just funnin' with my boy 33Jacket)

Last edited by DressedCheeseSide on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GTAE2010ish
WannaBee
WannaBee

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 4:20 pm

I thought it was a mix of things. Nesbitt looked great on a few plays, and looked bad on more. Booker was about even with the good/bad ratio. Dykes was very consistent. He did not have many huge plays, but didn't have many boneheaded ones either.

I think at least part of it was that Nesbitt was playing against the first team DL. The 2nd O, to me, has been at the same level as the 2nd D, while the 1st D has been DOMINATING the 1st O the entire spring.
Back to top Go down
Mifune
WannaBee
WannaBee

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I think Nesbitt looked bad because of the week and a half layoff due to injury. He was making big strides until then. I think he will be the clear #1 out of the current 3 after summer. I don't know how much time CPJ is going to spend evaluating the freshmen come fall. Whoever gets picked needs to get a lot of reps in practice (and the QB/center need to do 50 snaps everyday over the summer until that exchange is fluid).

The play calling would have been different in a real game too. We can't forget that this was a practice.
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 2:45 pm

DressedCheeseSide wrote:
I thought Nesbitt would have looked much better after 33 said he could walk on water... lol! (totally not serious with that comment, just funnin' with my boy 33Jacket)

gotta block for anyone to look good!!!! DL ate the OL's lunch and the OL didn't do much.

but also remember that was josh's real first live action in 2 weeks....

I am not worried!
Back to top Go down
MidnightJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:29 am

33jacket wrote:
DressedCheeseSide wrote:

gotta block for anyone to look good!!!! DL ate the OL's lunch and the OL didn't do much.

Before I got a chance to think about it in hindsight, my initial feelings were that Josh didn't have the decision making needed to lead this offense. Ofcourse, even if he was making the right decisions, there were too many things out of his control that quickly broke the play down. His couple of run back yard losses probably fed that perception at the time. At this point, I'm certainly done with assuming that, and even if it were completely true, he still has a lot of time this summer to iron out the details that are needed to make this work.

On other things I'd say that Josh's accuracy was not as crisp as I'd of liked to see. He did nail a couple of passes, but given how open a lot of the WRs constantly are, that accuracy and subsequent completion percentage will be vital to keep the offense on fire. Again, maybe it was rust, I guess we'll have more time to look over it in the summer.

Based on last Saturday, given that it's not saying much and that Booker and Dykes were playing a different D, I'd say Booker and Dykes are neck and neck. Booker looks great with his passing being accentuated by the openness of the WRs, but Dykes offensive efficiency makes him hard to overlook given the QBs role on the offense. Ofcourse, how much of either of these were helped by the second team D is anyone's guess.

It's going to be a fun and interesting summer to see who, if anyone, takes the step to take the offense to the next (needed) level.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:58 am

33jacket wrote:
DressedCheeseSide wrote:

but also remember that was josh's real first live action in 2 weeks....

I am not worried!
Yeah its too early to see about Josh but he does need to understand the offfense and that is tough for anybody in two or three weeks of practice.Besides the defense knew every play since that is all they have practiced against all spring.Nesbitt is good player and Ihope he can be ready to rumble in the fall.
Back to top Go down
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:36 pm

Just daydreaming:

Seeing the Cone kid catch that touchdown pass from Booker made me think one thing - CAN YOU IMAGINE CALVIN JOHNSON IN THIS OFFENSE??? It would be the most unfair situation I can imagine. He'd get one on one coverage every time or either, we'd be running for touchdowns every time. Either way, there'd be a good chance for a touchdown every play. Thinking about it is making my heart hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QB situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB situation   QB situation Empty

Back to top Go down

QB situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Georgia Tech Football :: Georgia Tech Football-
Jump to: