Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OL Starter Predictions....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

OL Starter Predictions.... Empty
PostSubject: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:22 pm

A few things to consider. I fear Cord Howard and AJ SMith's injury will really hurt them...as this is a completely different OL scheme and they need time in this system to get used to it. But with that said:

Gardner
Hill
Voss
Howard
Brown/Yandell

I do think Cord beats out gilbert and smith....but it could be a battle. I also think Brown wins his RT spot, albeit in a close battle.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
phatman30318
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:32 pm

What exactly is wrong with Howard and Smith? Seems like they've been hurt a lot. Are they nagging injuries that may lead to them not even playing?
Back to top Go down
33jacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:35 pm

phatman30318 wrote:
What exactly is wrong with Howard and Smith? Seems like they've been hurt a lot. Are they nagging injuries that may lead to them not even playing?

Smiths is....

Cord had foot surgery

Smith's elbow seems to be more chronic so that worries me...
Back to top Go down
phatman30318
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Seems like linemen missed a ton of games last year and I tend to think we're going to lose one of these guys to injuries for good when they finally decide to admit that they can't go anymore.
Back to top Go down
smoothbee
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm

How is Claytor looking, he was highly recruited coming out of HS and seems to be pretty athletic as well and how is Gardner looking at LT being that this is a new scheme?
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: just to be different   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Gardner
Uzzi, Voss
Voss/McCrae
Howard
Yandell/Smith

I have a feeling now that maybe one of these Freshman will come in and win a starting job. If Claytor or Yandell were guards I would say they would win a Guard spot but they are both Tackles so I am going to go out on a limb and say a freshman starts next season. They do not have to unlearn they just have to learn what the current guys do. Hell that may even put them both ahead of most all of the current OL.. They seem to still be unlearning the old and not grasping the new yet..
Back to top Go down
57Jacket
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Gardner, Yandell
Howard, Hill, Uzzie
Voss, Gilbert, McRae
Gilbert, ,AJ Smith
AJ Smith, Brown, Sellers

Hill struggled with Richards, I look for Cord to battle for the left guard position. Gilbert learned a lot and performed well against Walker , I see AJ moving back out to rt tackle. Even with the lose of Dunmon the OL has depth, Claytor will challenge and possibly break into the two deep.
This group can become very good in this offense and open some nice holes for the glory boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OL Starter Predictions....   OL Starter Predictions.... Empty

Back to top Go down

OL Starter Predictions....
Page 1 of 1