Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ideas for the show...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DressedCheeseSide
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
DressedCheeseSide

ideas for the show... Empty
PostSubject: ideas for the show...   ideas for the show... EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:07 pm

Just being picky, but...
many times, as the guest finishes an answer, there's a second or two of dead air followed by a mad scramble by each of the hosts to ask a follow-up question causing a muddled, unintelligible blur of human voices. Might I suggest one of you act as a moderater, such as in a debate. This person, follows each and every answer and directs the next question to a fellow host of his choice. Or, have a preplanned order of questions presented in sets by the different hosts.

I know you guys aren't in studio together and you do this without pay and in your sparetime, but it might add some pollish to the presentation. Let me add it has gotten much better, week to week.

As always, keep up the good work, your doing a bangup job! cheers
Back to top Go down
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz
GT_Fox

PostSubject: Re: ideas for the show...   ideas for the show... EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:13 pm

It would also help if all of us continue post our questions prior to the show. Having them out there for Irish, Machine, and DoubleB to look over and prepare sets of questions for the guests works much better than them sifting through the chatroom. It seems like a bunch get posted over on the other board. But if we keep getting in our questions early it will help with DCS's suggestions.
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: ideas for the show...   ideas for the show... EmptyWed May 14, 2008 5:36 pm

I like the show, with all its faults. It kind of makes me feel like I'm at a tailgate and some GT celeb walks up and I get to grill him for a 45 minute question and answer with everyone else.

You could polish the show up quite a bit with the two thoughts prior to my post. But you guys are coming off "Teh Internets"(wich Al Gore invented) and onto the airways, that is quite a transition I'm sure.

The show keeps me informed better than anything out there, and you guys have pretty good chemistry, so as long as you don't do the radio show in sign language I will listen and be a fan.
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: ideas for the show...   ideas for the show... EmptyWed May 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Believe it or not DCS... we do have a plan in place before each show... but for one reason or another it often times goes out the window... albeit the flood of chat room questions, or the uncontollable urge to ask a few follow up questions that then starts throwing us into a bit of loop because then we have trouble "getting back on the tracks" and figuring out who gets to talk next... I generally do my best to moderate, but when these guys start getting real passionate about the subject matter there often times in no reigning those horses in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ideas for the show...   ideas for the show... Empty

Back to top Go down

ideas for the show...
Page 1 of 1