Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How important is it to you?

Go down 
+2
vamosjackets
IrishE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

How important is it to you? Empty
PostSubject: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

How important is it to you for your NFL players to be reputable, upstanding citizens?... Does it even matter as long as they are great players?

Those of you who listened to our radio show heard my opinion....what's yours?
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Very important   How important is it to you? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm not the biggest NFL fanatic; much more love for college football.

But, I do watch it some, and pull for teams/players that I know to have high character, and always pull against players with low character.

So, to me it is of UTMOST importance.
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:15 pm

I agree with you that I am a MUCH bigger fan of college football over the NFL... well, of course until the Machine gets signed then I know I'll have a favorite NFL team...

But we are on the same page.... I mean, these guys are making millions... that alone should buy some character and decency
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 pm

now that im a little bit older i could care less.. however when i was young, ya that mattered, and when i have a kid it will matter then.

i am interested to know, how many women compared to men think that is important
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Alot of women think it is important and 40 % of the sales of NFL equipment, largest portion is from women between 30-45 buying jersyeys and other stuff for there kids/family. Stat they told me at the combine.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:42 pm

good info machine, any ladies agree?
Back to top Go down
GrantParkJacket
WannaBee
WannaBee
GrantParkJacket

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:48 am

The character of the player is important at a number of levels.
As seen by the demise of Vick, Pacman, Ricky Williams, and others, it is important for the consistency of a team for their players to be focused on playing the sport and not off the field pursuits, especially when these other pursuits or shenanigans can keep them off the field.
The image of the team, fans, and players are all intertwined. Take the Cowboys, Falcons, Criminoles, Mutts, 'Canes, etc... On and off field behavior makes these teams and their fans look stupid. When this is compounded by a lack of intelligence or lack of control by the coach it just festers and breeds becoming a worse and worse problem until the whole system must be cleaned out.
I have no problem with some trash talking and even some on the field showmanship, as long as it is not a distraction to the team or result in penalties. There is no room in team sports for those who think that they are above the rules and live life never looking out for anyone but themselves.
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Do you care about the character of the man who serves your food out of a drive through window? No. They are football players, not clergymen.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:56 pm

RomanJacket45 wrote:
Do you care about the character of the man who serves your food out of a drive through window? No. They are football players, not clergymen.

I do because they might spit in it.
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 1:32 am

True but you don't really notice unless the food is bad. Bad teams, that is, teams that don't win, are bad food and get noticed. Players that do well on teams that do well don't get noticed so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How important is it to you?   How important is it to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

How important is it to you?
Page 1 of 1