Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creative ways to inspire GT students

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
That_Guy1018
JacketFan
JacketFan

Creative ways to inspire GT students Empty
PostSubject: Creative ways to inspire GT students   Creative ways to inspire GT students EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm

I know we've all seen it or heard about it, and ESPN even did a nice article about it when VT played us on a Thursday night, but what can be done to encourage more GT students to develop or grow an interest in GT athletics? Should we be looking to the AA to reach out more? Or look inwards to the fan base as a whole to take that step?

I really want to know how others feel they can convert the uninspired to attend some games- and not just football. I know winning will help, and there's already a better feeling than years past, but I'm more wanting to target those people that just have no interest in anything but school. Maybe a "take that wierd guy from down the hall to a game" night? Hell, maybe someone will even make a new friend in the process.

Any current GT students read this and feel it could work? Especially PLs or GT1000 TAs? After all, the tickets are free if you can get their butts in the stadium doors.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Creative ways to inspire GT students   Creative ways to inspire GT students EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 am

Yes students need to invite there fellow classmates to the games!
Especially the ones that dont know what football is, take time to explain it to the Asian kid that only understands Cricket. Tell him it is like Cricket but only more fun.

They will be hooked, they will say my gosh football is so much more fun. Until they actually play tackle, but thats a different story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: Creative ways to inspire GT students   Creative ways to inspire GT students EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:59 pm

TheMachine wrote:
Yes students need to invite there fellow classmates to the games!
Especially the ones that dont know what football is, take time to explain it to the Asian kid that only understands Cricket. Tell him it is like Cricket but only more fun.

They will be hooked, they will say my gosh football is so much more fun. Until they actually play tackle, but thats a different story.

Asians play cricket?
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
DBjacket88
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: More Students   Creative ways to inspire GT students EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:15 am

Well, as a current student i would love to see the student section fill up every week. The thing is, for the "bad" home games, there are always tickets available. The big games, their are never any tickets at all after about monday at 8:30 (Thank you Swarm for that guaranteed ticket). The students want to see a good game, esp those that don't care about football at all. They don't wanna see one where it's such a blowout it's hard for the crowd to get in it sometimes. That's me sometimes. But I totally agree about getting more students. It's just hard when so many of them get turned down for a game they want to see. So they don't really wanna put the effort forth to see the "bad" games. Just my $.02 worth. I go to every game i can go to, mostly b/c i'm a college football fanatic.
Back to top Go down
That_Guy1018
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: 15 people from ND at home   Creative ways to inspire GT students EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Having been in that line and not getting a ticket by just a few people to some of those "big games", I can see the problem. Of course, that year, the fraternity blocks also screwed a bunch of people over, but I can't complain too much since I got 2 tickets from one of them to get in.

I wonder if anyone has some pull with the AA to get student ticketing more like basketball with loyalty points. That seems to be a pretty good method that encourages students to attend the smaller games to have priority for the bigger ones.

On a side note- the more "die hard fans" as would be represented on this forum need to encourage more alums to hit the games as well. I have to admit I was raised an Auburn football fan and still attend games, and to have a packed house can definitely help the team. And I don't mean packed with half UGA or FSU fans...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creative ways to inspire GT students   Creative ways to inspire GT students Empty

Back to top Go down

Creative ways to inspire GT students
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Open Forum :: Ramblin' On-
Jump to: