Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let Me be The First

Go down 
+2
gatech87
blackprix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

Let Me be The First Empty
PostSubject: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 10:58 pm

to start this conversation. affraid

GT basketball needs an overhaul. The ACC has been weak the past few years and we still can't get things done.

Some changes need to be made but I'm hearing Coach will get another season. I like him, but he hasn't exactly done much since '04.

I see some good talent but I haven't seen the coaching to go with it lately.

I hope we can get this turned around - Basketball
Back to top Go down
gatech87
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: ASSISTANTS   Let Me be The First EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 12:11 pm

When Michelle Joseph wasn't seeming to get it done on the court a strong assistant was brought in: Mark Simons. A former head coach and tons of experience he is the reason the team had such a good turnaround. Joseph was recruiting well and doing decent PR but the team looked poorly coached on the court.

Sounds like Hewitt. I think much of his past success was due to Dean Keener and the other assistant who went to Jacksonville U. I think DRad forces PH to get at least one strong assistant next year. Kinda of like forcing CG do do so with Bond. I'm not saying it'll work but I think that will occur before PH gets the boot...
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:18 pm

gatech87 wrote:
When Michelle Joseph wasn't seeming to get it done on the court a strong assistant was brought in: Mark Simons. A former head coach and tons of experience he is the reason the team had such a good turnaround. Joseph was recruiting well and doing decent PR but the team looked poorly coached on the court.

Sounds like Hewitt. I think much of his past success was due to Dean Keener and the other assistant who went to Jacksonville U. I think DRad forces PH to get at least one strong assistant next year. Kinda of like forcing CG do do so with Bond. I'm not saying it'll work but I think that will occur before PH gets the boot...

You're right ... when Hewitt started losing the assistants he came here with, the program started stagnating and going backwards.

He's got to right the ship - I believe he'll get another year and changes have to be made.
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 6:40 pm

blackprix wrote:
gatech87 wrote:

You're right ... when Hewitt started losing the assistants he came here with, the program started stagnating and going backwards.

He's got to right the ship - I believe he'll get another year and changes have to be made.

I agree when he lost his assistants we lost the in-game coaching. He is a great recruiter and a great man. He obviously lost his ability to coach d-fense. I am ok with not playing d if we can fill it up, but that is not what we are. He has one more year to get it done....only since we can not afford to pay him off and hire a new one. We got rid of Gailey so one step at a time.

I also don't think this is what this forum is for. I think it belongs in the other sport forum. Way to go Boneprix afro
Back to top Go down
Tech Head
Buzz
Buzz
Tech Head

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Just trying out my new signiture, to see if it works. Don't get why it is not working
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Tech Head wrote:
Just trying out my new signiture, to see if it works. Don't get why it is not working

You have to be a five star for it to work Razz
Back to top Go down
bdobbins79
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 12:55 am

ha lol!
Back to top Go down
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz
GT_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:57 am

I agree that losing assistants causes a lot of issues for Coach Hewitt, but you can't exactly fault the coach for the mediocre play that has been going on since we keep losing players, to the NBA, transfers and medical redshirts this year. CPH had some really decent PGs groomed to follow Jarret Jack but we there have been several one and dones and that really hurts, esepecially in ACC play. I think if the coach can keep a few of his top recruits for 3 years the success we saw in '04 will be seen again.

Getting Dickey back this season and a returning Miller, who is vastly improved at the point will greatly help the team recover from the loss of some really great seniors.
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Fox   Let Me be The First EmptySat May 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Went to the Coaches Tour Event at the Galleria Thurs. night.

During the Q & A ... someone asked coach about the PG position.

He took a big sigh and said it was great finally having someone coming back that can do the job and got a lot of game experience his first season ... Mo Miller.

Basically said he's the starter and sounded like he was glad to have him.

Really been tough since Jack left.
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Hey gb...   Let Me be The First EmptySat May 03, 2008 3:43 pm

I see the word "basket" in a sports forum and I think roundball.

I made it my own! affraid
Back to top Go down
GT_Fox
Buzz
Buzz
GT_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Quote :
Went to the Coaches Tour Event at the Galleria Thurs. night.

During the Q & A ... someone asked coach about the PG position.

He took a big sigh and said it was great finally having someone coming back that can do the job and got a lot of game experience his first season ... Mo Miller.

Basically said he's the starter and sounded like he was glad to have him.

Really been tough since Jack left.

Anything else from Hewitt? I know he has to be relieved to finally have a guy stay for more than a year at point, but did he talk more about the rest of the team? What about having Dickey back?

Also, if you have anything to share from what CPJ had to say that would be awesome as well, although it probably goes on a new thread somewhere..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Me be The First   Let Me be The First Empty

Back to top Go down

Let Me be The First
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet The Machine :: Basket-
Jump to: