Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system

Go down 
+3
geebee2
PoppaNovember
vamosjackets
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system Empty
PostSubject: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Expanding the original QB topic ... how about top 10 Bee-backs and A-backs

Bee-backs:
1. Jim Brown!!!
2. Bo Jackson
3. Eddie George
4. hershel walker
5. Choice/Daniels (completely unbiased opinion)
6. Larry Csonka (sp??)
7. Mike Alstott
9. Adrian Peterson (GSU)
9. Adrian Peterson (OU)
10. Jerome Bettis

A-backs:
1. Barry Sanders!!!
2. Eric Dickerson
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Warrick Dunn
5. Tony Hollings (before injury) (completely unbiased opinion)
6. LaDanian Tomlinson
7. Reggie Bush
8. Tim Dwight (former Falcon's return man)
9. Peter Warrick
10. Charlie Rogers
Back to top Go down
PoppaNovember
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: Re: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Can't argue with most of the guys on the lists Vamos, although the rankings after the top 2 could shuffle around. Maybe I'd add a couple of guys, and remove a couple.

For Bee backs, I'd move Csonka up to 3rd, and maybe 2nd right after Jim Brown. I'd move The Bus up as well.

For A-backs, I'd have to add Brian Westbrook. That guy's ability to make people miss, time to hit top speed and catching ability would make him the quintessential A-Back.

Ain't this fun! Wouldn't get this A-Back, Bee-Back stuff with an ordinary coach. drunken
Back to top Go down
geebee2
Buzz
Buzz

PostSubject: A few more to add to the discussion   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 5:24 pm

I would add to the B Backs. John Riggins, Earl Campbell, and William Andrews
Back to top Go down
nwgatech
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan
nwgatech

PostSubject: Re: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:28 pm

I know you are not talking only Tech Alumni, but would have loved to see a Robert Lavette at the A-Back and did see an Eddie Lee Ivery in the wishbone at HB... Probably a B-Back in the 3 0 ?

Also used to be a FB that they turned TB in the (was it 84) named Chuck Easley.... Remember him tearing Clemson up one year and scoring the winning touchdown at night... A natural FB that they tried to convert to RB after Lavette left.. He would have been a terror at B-Back.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaJacket
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 pm

The best runner I ever saw live was Gale Sayers. Walter Payton wasn't bad either. As a young child, Leon Hardeman was my hero.
Back to top Go down
ahsoisee
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan

PostSubject: Reply To Carolina Jacket   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 4:29 pm

It is hard to compare players from yesteryear with today's players because of many changes, but Leon Hardeman could be a star on today's teams. He was a tough player and would be just as tough to bring down in today's era.

The best pro back I ever saw was Jim Brown.

Father Time
Back to top Go down
M39Buzz
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:44 pm

nwgatech wrote:

Also used to be a FB that they turned TB in the (was it 84) named Chuck Easley.... Remember him tearing Clemson up one year and scoring the winning touchdown at night... A natural FB that they tried to convert to RB after Lavette left.. He would have been a terror at B-Back.

I remember Chuck Easley. Great Football Player and very smart. He has gone on to significant accomplishments, after football and Ma Tech.

Here's a link on Mr. Easely: http://gtalumni.org/news/ttopics/spr96/190easley.html
Back to top Go down
nwgatech
TrueJacketFan
TrueJacketFan
nwgatech

PostSubject: Re: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for the link.... Now that is a Tech Man! Saw also when I Googled his name that he was on the advisory committee that brought DRad to GT. Sounds like a recruiting ad come to life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system   Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system Empty

Back to top Go down

Rank Bee-Backs and A-Backs for our system
Page 1 of 1