Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Defense in the uga game 2007

Go down 
+2
mack
4NCsAndCounting
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4NCsAndCounting
JacketFan
JacketFan
4NCsAndCounting

Defense in the uga game 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 10:25 am

Adamm,
In the 3rd quarter of the uga game last year, we were only down by 9 after Fatford trotted in a long run. Some reports from the sidelines claimed our defense hung their heads and appeared to give up. I know you got hurt and our run defense became a little exposed. The reports stated no one showed any leadership and no coaches came over to fire up the defense to help keep us in the game although there was plenty of time left.

How do you respond to reports such as these?
The defense seemed to be either hot or cold last year. What is your opinion of why this happened some games last year?
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 am

4NCsAndCounting wrote:
Adamm,
In the 3rd quarter of the uga game last year, we were only down by 9 after Fatford trotted in a long run. Some reports from the sidelines claimed our defense hung their heads and appeared to give up. I know you got hurt and our run defense became a little exposed. The reports stated no one showed any leadership and no coaches came over to fire up the defense to help keep us in the game although there was plenty of time left.

The defense seemed to be either hot or cold last year. What is your opinion of why this happened some games last year?
Of course the question was not asked by me,but it does seem that the tv folks ran a camera on the sidelines and folks did look whipped.One thing I didntsee this year even though it may have been there was the leadership from the seniors. I remember GOL ripping off headphones and chewing folks out for lack of hustle.I didnt see it last year but again,I wasnot on the sidelines.
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

PostSubject: Re: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:39 pm

There were plenty of articles about Choice's leadership for one but yeah on D it seemed Hall had been the vocal and emotional leader and no one really filled out his spot.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Re: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm

RomanJacket45 wrote:
There were plenty of articles about Choice's leadership for one but yeah on D it seemed Hall had been the vocal and emotional leader and no one really filled out his spot.
Afreed,young man,you have said it all.I saw little on def but TC was the leader of the team and i hope he gets a pro job.What a leader he was.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:17 pm

4NCsAndCounting wrote:
Adamm,

The whole game was a bit hazzy to me as you can imagine, I will agree we could have been a little more firerd up! We did not give up or lay down, the players played as hard as they could and the coaches coached the best they could. Sometimes teams are more focused rather then Intense and it seems a bit dead.

We got a little exposed sometimes, some teams found our weaknesses. For example, against Fresno State they completed to the TE several times. Do you want more details on our defensive weaknesses last year? I will have to make that exclusive for members only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
GTland03
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:00 am

I would love to read some stories about the defense of last year and what your weakness was. thanks machine.
Back to top Go down
TechFowl
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: GTLand   Defense in the uga game 2007 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:46 pm

GTland03 wrote:
I would love to read some stories about the defense of last year and what your weakness was. thanks machine.

GTLand03 - I think you misread. He was referring to 'possible' weaknesses of the team. The Machine, himself, has no weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defense in the uga game 2007   Defense in the uga game 2007 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense in the uga game 2007
Page 1 of 1