Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What round do you think GT players go in?

Go down 
+2
vamosjackets
TheMachine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

What round do you think GT players go in? Empty
PostSubject: What round do you think GT players go in?   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 pm

Gary Guyton
Phillip Wheeler
Durant Brooks
Tachard Chioce
Jamal Lewis
Adamm Oliver
Darrel Robertson
Kevin Tumminello......
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
vamosjackets
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

PostSubject: Good Question   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:25 pm

I have no idea.

There are too many variables to even make a call with some of them, especially the injury factors with you (Adamm) and Robo not participating in the combine. So, I'm not gonna make a call on those two. I thought J. Lewis had a great chance at getting drafted, but now since he didn't get invited to the combine ... I really have no clue what the draft is all about.

If I had to guess, I guess I'd put down:
Guyton - 5-6'th
Wheeler - 3-4'th
Brooks - 5-6'th
Choice - 3-4'th
Lewis - 6'th-undrafted
Oliver - no clue
Robertson - no clue
Tuminello - 6'th-undrafted

Actually, this brings up a question I've been having. What about Mike Cox??? I thought he would've been just about the best blocking fullback in the draft. I'm hearing nothing at all about him. What's the deal?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: What round do you think GT players go in?   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Yes Mike Cox to he is a great player! Will have him on show soon also.
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

PostSubject: Re: What round do you think GT players go in?   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:01 am

Well Cox never got to demonstrate his ability so naturally people like Schmidt and Hillis who played on Top 25 teams will get considered first but Cox is too good not to be a FA.

Wheeler seems to have slipped (I wonder if beefing up to 250 lbs slowed him down because he seemed slower this past year) but is still a 3rd round guy.

Guyton may draw some earlier looks than Wheeler but just didn't put up the numbers except for his senior year so may still be a 5th rounder.

Robertson will be an OLB drafted in the 4th or 5th.

Adamm haven't heard much about you so I would guess 6th or 7th because it is so hard to find legit DE types instead of hybrids these days, plus your production in college.

Brooks will be a Day 2 pick because he plays a less attention grabbing position.

Lewis is not going to be drafted because so many DBs blazed the 40 and it seems scouts are obsessed with 40 times not actual playing ability.

Choice is a hard call but I would say Round 2-3. He probably is a 4.45 guy when he is fully recovered from the knee (they say he is but I have experienced similar injuries and know better) and at 210-215 lbs is actually not small for an NFL running back (which the dumb talking heads and reporters have been saying) when you look at Warrick Dunn, Tiki Barber, Marshawn Lynch, Joseph Addai, etc.
Back to top Go down
goldbybirth
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Re: What round do you think GT players go in?   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:28 pm

My guess:

Gary Guyton 4th Round by a team that has the luxury of a bit of a reach pick here based on his measurables.

Phillip Wheeler I thought he was sliding hard, but I'll say 3rd round, but wouldn't be surprised if he slid to the 4th.

Durant Brooks 2nd Round by a team that plays ball control and is pretty set and only looking for depth in the draft at other positions.

Tashard Chioce I love him to death, but with the loaded RB class this year, I think he is a 3rd rounder.

Jamal Lewis UFA, although this is a weak safety class

Adamm Oliver 6th - UFA. Is the Machine being labelled a tweener? Great upper body strength and if his lower body is as strong, maybe a Justin Tuck type rotational player. A little smaller DT that can rush.

Darrel Robertson - 3rd Round. His Senior numbers alone jumped him up from a 5th or 6th going into the season.

Kevin Tumminello - UFA. I just think he ends up in the same boat as Tidwell-Neal. Steady, smart player that just isn't blowing anyone away.

Side note for Adamm:

If you haven't gone by the start of the 7th round, would it be better for you to go undrafted? Are you hearing earlier than the 6th as a potential?
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: What round do you think GT players go in?   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 8:27 pm

I am hearing 5-7, but those are quesses. I think it will be 6th round. If it is 7th I like to still get drafted because I am having a draft party. I am having a personel combine soon, going to run 40 for scouts this could boost me back into the 5th round.
Back to top Go down
daytonadan
WannaBee
WannaBee

PostSubject: Giants   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Adamm: There's a huge Giant fan at my building who told me that the Giants have three picks in the sixth round. He also told me that all eight players the Giants drafted last year made the team. Stay focused and take care.
Back to top Go down
gatech87
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Surprised   What round do you think GT players go in? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:52 pm

I was surprised when Marshall Faulk (I think it was him) did not have Choice intthe top 10 RB's in this year's draft. Faulk was color commentating during the combine for some channel way down the dial...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What round do you think GT players go in?   What round do you think GT players go in? Empty

Back to top Go down

What round do you think GT players go in?
Page 1 of 1