Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question for Irish E

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
That_Guy1018
JacketFan
JacketFan

Question for Irish E Empty
PostSubject: Question for Irish E   Question for Irish E EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:59 pm

So I'm curious- how long each week do you work on your "radio voice"? Without the pleasure of meeting in person, I'm only assuming you don't talk like that all the time, but maybe Machine can tell me differently.
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: Question for Irish E   Question for Irish E EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Laughing Believe it or not that is my real voice.... now mind you I do tend to drag out my vowels a little bit longer when on the air... like Reggie Baaaaaall.... (Although I do say "Well Allriiiiiiiiight" all the time) It comes from learning the radio biz back in the early 90's when we were still on the verge of that being an acceptable way to talk on the air.... and regrettably... old habits die hard.

Both Machine and Double B can verify .

and yes.... my voice does get on my nerves....I don't even listen to our replays.... how odd is that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

PostSubject: Re: Question for Irish E   Question for Irish E EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:28 pm

yes thats his voice but he sometimes makes it a little deeper for the show at times. But its entertaining!
Back to top Go down
That_Guy1018
JacketFan
JacketFan

PostSubject: Re: Question for Irish E   Question for Irish E EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:59 am

I'm impressed. The first time I heard the show I thought "there's no way that guy sounds like that all the time" because it did sound like you were trying to lower your voice some. Man, you should definitely go into movies and just start chatting over the previews with your own commentary. Take Machine as protection though...
Back to top Go down
IrishE
Admin
Admin
IrishE

PostSubject: Re: Question for Irish E   Question for Irish E EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Laughing Not a bad idea.... I do a fairly decent impression of LaFontaine... (the movie voice guy) ....

Hopefully I will get a chance to meet a lot of you tailgating before the games.... I have some work schedule crap I have to iron out first so I might miss the first game... but hopefully after that I will be able to attend all the home games... I hope...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for Irish E   Question for Irish E Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for Irish E
Page 1 of 1