Meet The Machine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Machine

The place to talk about Georgia Tech football with current and alumni players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Home uniforms

Go down 
+3
-Zack-
theDude47
mack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:37 pm

What will our home unis look like thisyear.I am a traditional guy and at age sixty want to see the old Dodd unifoms one more time at home with the white tops and gold pants and gold helmets.Do not want any stripes or anything tomake us look like Vt or Miami.What can you tell me.
Back to top Go down
theDude47
WannaBee
WannaBee
theDude47

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Our new uniforms are kind of new-age and are not anything like the ones from the old days. They kind of look like Miami's and VT's, except better. I wanted to see more traditional uniforms, but the players wanted something new. I don't blame them.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:51 pm

theDude47 wrote:
Our new uniforms are kind of new-age and are not anything like the ones from the old days. They kind of look like Miami's and VT's, except better. I wanted to see more traditional uniforms, but the players wanted something new. I don't blame them.
Well at least we got away from the Vandy yellow ones we had for six years.I like the old ones but if we win then I dont care if we wear poka dots. Thanks and by theway,are the helmets still going to be gold or will we wear the white ones.
Back to top Go down
theDude47
WannaBee
WannaBee
theDude47

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:50 pm

We will be wearing our regular helmets as far as I know. I also know we have a similar helmet to our throwback one we wore against Virginia in 06. It has a blue GT instead of a gold one. They also tried to get a blue GT helmet, but I knew that wouldn't happen. Hopefully, we will begin wearing white jerseys at home again.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 am

ya what color jockstraps do you think they will be wearing this year?

I mean seriously guys, uniforms? who cares?

I'll help ya out, its gonna be the same GT colors as before, just arranged differently.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 8:20 am

-Zack- wrote:
ya what color jockstraps do you think they will be wearing this year?

I mean seriously guys, uniforms? who cares?

I'll help ya out, its gonna be the same GT colors as before, just arranged differently.
I willl help you out on the unis from the prespective of an old mans eyes.When I think of Tech football I think of the traditional jersesys we wore at home for fifty years.Some younger folks may like the new stuff but I dont.My point is Auburn,Alabama,Lsu,Tenn,Penn State,OSU etc have not changed unis so you expect them to look the same everytime you play them.I didnt like the Chan yellow rags since it reminded me of Vandy.I am not big on unis but show liked the old ones.Of course if you have sugggestions for jock straps then by all means give us an opinion.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:08 am

incase you couldnt read between the lines, it was sarcasm. the color and look of a uniform is the last thing fans should be worried about. but for some reason its a topic! I might be a little bit more concerned about the game, opposed to how they look
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 am

-Zack- wrote:
incase you couldnt read between the lines, it was sarcasm. the color and look of a uniform is the last thing fans should be worried about. but for some reason its a topic! I might be a little bit more concerned about the game, opposed to how they look
well at my age I do concede I enjoy the winning times with Dodd and GOL and others but the unis are tech tradition and when you have winning tradition it makes you better on saturday.Yeah I couldnt read between the lines but I hope you dont get the incorrect idea that I am more concerned about what we look like than how we play.I have been atech fan for over fifty years andwill follow them ifthey play naked but I personally like theold uniforms and I am a tradition guy at heart.Sarcasm and tech football dont work well in my vocab.Hope they win them all and if players want the new unis then they should be the ones to get them. VT and MIami aint my cup of tea so hey,I gave it a shot.Still like the old ones but will concede to the new generation.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:47 am

lol ok i gotcha, just making sure the real tech fans care about what matters most, good to know you do!

btw, funny comment about playing naked lol
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 am

-Zack- wrote:
lol ok i gotcha, just making sure the real tech fans care about what matters most, good to know you do!

btw, funny comment about playing naked lol
Okay now air is cleared,I have been watching tech since I could read the Atlanta Constitution and would see the tech plays on the front page.I learned to read early and remember when we were the toast of the town.I just aint a retro guy but maybe I will be.I will tell you I bleed tech and more thanonce have had to watch us lose to ga with bumbling playl calling and lack of effort.Next year I think that will come to an end.
Back to top Go down
-Zack-
Buzz
Buzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:25 pm

definately hope so
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:37 pm

mack it is good to hear your perspective and willingness to allow the current generation have its own style. I am not against a retro night or two but white, especially block lettered white, is just not modern.
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:41 pm

RomanJacket45 wrote:
mack it is good to hear your perspective and willingness to allow the current generation have its own style. I am not against a retro night or two but white, especially block lettered white, is just not modern.
Thanks but its what I grew up on and it was the look Tech had until Chan got there.Lothridge stlyed navy blue letters on white did stick out and thats why Dodd used them since they could be seen easier by the tv folks. Not sure I want to look like Miami,Denver Broncos or VT but if players want this thenhave at it.later dude.
Back to top Go down
RomanJacket45
Buzz
Buzz
RomanJacket45

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 pm

mack I sympathize with what you grew up on, and it is important to hold on to tradition.
I also respect your admission that the players are the ones that matter in the uniform choice.

Initially I was very anti-oldtimers because of the uniform issues but your posts here have enabled me to see a different story. I can respect sentimentalism when I see it, sir. Maybe we can have an annual retro game, on the Thursday night game?
Back to top Go down
savannahjacket
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz
savannahjacket

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:59 pm

Out with the old in with the new! The rest of the ACC has modernized it's look why can't Tech?!
Back to top Go down
blackprix
Buzz
Buzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 4:24 pm

savannahjacket wrote:
Out with the old in with the new! The rest of the ACC has modernized it's look why can't Tech?!

I hate to say this but I liked the Navy Blue in the Ross days ... we won a NC with those colors.

But, if we can get the program back to the way it was under Ross and GOL .. I don't give a crap what the UNIs look like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mack
BabyBuzz
BabyBuzz

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:12 pm

blackprix wrote:
savannahjacket wrote:

I hate to say this but I liked the Navy Blue in the Ross days ... we won a NC with those colors.

But, if we can get the program back to the way it was under Ross and GOL .. I don't give a crap what the UNIs look like. Very Happy
I probably started the unis episodes but I agree,If we wear dark jerseys the blue was fine with me too.I am sorry but I grew up with white tops and gold pants and to me,that was tech.sorry younguns dont remember those days,they were something to watch.I just think the retro unis are awful to look at and I hated Vandy yellow that Chan wore but if we win then we have little to kick about.
Back to top Go down
TheMachine
RamblinWreck
RamblinWreck
TheMachine

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:43 pm

quote from "mack"

Thanks for the alibi.I was thinking of your message on how do you know you are a tech fan and I started thinking about my early years in Wadley ga.we got the Atlanta Constitution on Sunday during the fifties and on the FRONT PAGE you would see a play picutre of a pass ,run,kick etc in which TECH had scored or made a big run etc.When we were nine or ten we would take the Nancy Hanks to Atlanta and watch tech play in the afternoon and Ga play at night at Grant Field,catch the train and come home.Tech meant wining and exciting football with options from Dodds belly series,quick kicks to keep defense off kilter and of course Dodd marching to the sidelines in suit,tie,hat and coaching shoes and white socks.What class! Tech fans meant calling over the county trying to get tickets to a game and then watching the sun hit Maxie baughns helmet as he hits Charley Britt in the stomach during the kickoff in fifty nine and sixty thousand folks going OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH !Watching the sun glanceoff the gold helmets and watching your favorite player such as Lothridge or Billy Willamson,or Don Toner or Taz Anderson etc putting forth great effoerts each Saturday.Yeah the white tops with the navy blue numbers on the shoulders made it easy to find your favorite guys.Tech meant good clean football with low scoring and exciting games.Tech was never out of it but the clock just ran out and they were beaten.This was Tech football to me and Ihave been a fan for over fifty five years and still get excited when I see the gold and white take the field.Now do you see why I like the traditional unis and winning ways. Have a nice weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meetthemachine.com
Sponsored content

Home uniforms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home uniforms   Home uniforms Empty

Back to top Go down

Home uniforms
Page 1 of 1